Nothing better to do !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
many thanks

this may be a fraction large for you, and is a long way away but still, it looks stunning :okay:

https://www.leboncoin.fr/velos/1689633919.htm/
In an ideal world a 52 c/c is ok, also depending on top tube , bar stem etc , etc but you know l would sacrifice a lot for the chance to own this gorgeous thing....it is over 600 km to the north though:cry:

Smudge

Veteran
I couldn't leave my gorgeous Italian bike out of the picture , after all she has two wheels and handlebars and a saddle , ok so l don't have to pedal but occasionally l have to push .
Not only that but she sulks if l don't pay her enough attention . Thats it ......l promise !
View attachment 488931

Stunning looking Ducati there..... although that riding position with high pegs and clip on's would cripple me now.

Smudge

Veteran
I know the feeling , l did a round trip from here to Rodez, about 300km . oh boy did l feel my age afterwards :sad:

At 6'1", i was always too tall to easily get into that cramped position on sports bikes, even when i owned a few back the 90's. Which only gets worse as you get older.
Comfort takes precedence over power & handling in my motorcycles these days.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
How about an "Indian" ? this beauty was in my local town yesterday :whistle:
IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I'm not really into cruisers, but they look good and pretty much all motorcycles interest me in one way or another.
Cruisers are also way too heavy for me, i try to not go over 200kgs these days for any bike i own & ride.
I'm with you there, at 5'7" and 63 kg my 748 is more than heavy enough for me at 196kg. The good news is that since l don't have a gut to get in the way, the tank isn't a problem ^_^

Smudge

Veteran
I'm with you there, at 5'7" and 63 kg my 748 is more than heavy enough for me at 196kg. The good news is that since l don't have a gut to get in the way, the tank isn't a problem ^_^

In 45 years of riding bikes, i've only ever owned one cruiser, Suzuki Intruder 1800. This thing was 350 kgs and although a lot of its weight disappeared when riding it, it was still a leviathan that i would never have been able to pick up if i dropped it. But cruisers were an itch i had to scratch at the time and it was fun for a while. I wont get another.

wonderdog

I've been out of circulation a while but in that intervening period, you seem to have got the bit twixt your teeth with the Viti (plural of Vitus??). Closest I've got is a set of forks I ran on my Viscount while giving the death fork a chance to recover from its reputation. Currently rebuilding with said "fork de mort". Rest easy chaps and chapesses, it's the last series which I don't believe has killed anyone.

Top Bottom