Nottingham’s Police & Crime Commissioner banned for 6 months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Of course her hypocrisy is astounding but hypocrisy is not a crime, just a symptom of the arrogance, dishonesty and self-entitlement of politicians today. The PCC job is meant to be unbiased rather than party political but it is obtained using the name of, and the backing of, a political party, one for which her husband is an MP in the County she represents. Not that that played any part in her nomination and running for the job of course. Any discussion of her action, or apparent lack of action wrt resignation, in this must take into account the political background.

Of course she should resign, given the number of offences, but it seems that honourable resignations are a thing of the past in politics.

I’m surprised that it’s not written into the contract that conviction for any crimes will result in loss of office. For that position it really ought to be.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I’m surprised that it’s not written into the contract that conviction for any crimes will result in loss of office. For that position it really ought to be.

I would think the 'bringing the office into disrepute' would cover it.

D

Deleted member 26715

Wait till Alex Belfield does his parody of the Nottingham crime commissioner :laugh:

Never heard of him, so used Google & the first thing that came up was he's already had over 80 jobs with different radio stations, so he's either so bad or so controversial either way I'll not worry & continue in my ignorance.

CXRAndy

Guru
Never heard of him, so used Google & the first thing that came up was he's already had over 80 jobs with different radio stations, so he's either so bad or so controversial either way I'll not worry & continue in my ignorance.

He is having a battle with the BBC, Nottingham police. Currently at Crown court over 8 alleged stalking offences. Listening to the recited evidence against him is hilarious-I've never heard so many snowflakes inc J Vine

DRM

Guru
He is having a battle with the BBC, Nottingham police. Currently at Crown court over 8 alleged stalking offences. Listening to the recited evidence against him is hilarious-I've never heard so many snowflakes inc J Vine

You couldn’t make up what up what Alex Belfield has been through, the incompetence of Nottinghamshire Constabulary is beyond belief, as for J Vine, least said, soonest mended

Top Bottom