Nottingham’s Police & Crime Commissioner banned for 6 months

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah, but I don't see how Boris's DNA filters down to this woman through her husband. Rather tenuous I'd say :smile:

They all share the same DNA filtered down from membership of an 'elite' group of arrogant, self-entitled politicians.

D

Deleted member 26715

I thought our local MP was bad enough claiming £256K in expenses, as they were elected at the same time, maybe it was a competition between them to see who could spend the most.

D

Deleted member 26715

Folks, this thread is pushing the boundaries a bit. If it remains just about the Nottingham PCCs speeding offences then that is relevant to Advocacy and Cycling Safety. If it morphs into a thread about standards in public life then I'll have to lock it and refer you over here: https://naca.cyclechat.net/
Best move it to the dark place now, as there is no way to talk about the person without crossing the, she should have immediately resigned, she didn't so clearly she believes she is entitled not to, it will be interesting how much more money it's going to cost us ferrying her around to functions.

Folks, this thread is pushing the boundaries a bit. If it remains just about the Nottingham PCCs speeding offences then that is relevant to Advocacy and Cycling Safety. If it morphs into a thread about standards in public life then I'll have to lock it and refer you over here: https://naca.cyclechat.net/

A bit like the PCC of the thread title.

a.twiddler

Veteran
"The PCC, who was elected to the post in May 2021, was caught speeding in a Mercedes and a Lexus with a personalised number plate.

The district judge dismissed Henry's application to keep her driving licence due to "exceptional hardship".
"

A Mercedes and a Lexus? Exceptional hardship? Thumbs up to the district judge who treated this application with some of the contempt it deserved. Her husband, tory MP Darren Henry, set a new record of more than £280,000 in expenses claims last year.
https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/broxtowe-mp-darren-henry-named-6529174

Diddums. Speed limits are obviously just for the common people.

D

Deleted member 26715

Diddums. Speed limits are obviously just for the common people.

Had to laugh earlier walked into the lounge & the wife was watching Loose Women, Gloria Honeyford was on & I heard her say, "they were just normal people, you know not people with money" :laugh::laugh::laugh: like those without money are a different species

a.twiddler

Veteran
Not to denigrate Gloria Hunniford at all, but from a high profile TV personality's point of view, perhaps many more people do fall into the category of being "not people with money" as she unwittingly let slip, than the average person would categorise as such.

D

Deleted member 26715

No excuses & I'm not convinced 6 months ban is enough, but it does make you wonder if it was a concerted effort by somebody to expose her, only conspiracy theorist need reply :laugh:

Top Bottom