Notts to Cambridge & back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not a group or organised ride (sorry if this is the wrong place) but I am heading down to to see my olds on thursday and wondered if there was any advice. 90+ miles each way so I am a little apprehensive.

Travelling light (obviously) but my route is My Route although navigating the back roads may be an issue once I am past Oakham.
p*ncture kit, pump, allen keys, 2 changes of clothes (+ undies), phone and cards\cash is pretty much all I think I need to carry.

The thing that concerns me is that I will be returning on tuesday. Are 4 days rest going to be enough and any tips to keep the strength up for the return journey? I was pretty shattered for a couple of days the last time I did a ton (two months ago).

My thoughts are to leave early (5-6ish) and travel the 30+miles on the A606 road to Oakham (and get onto the back roads) before the traffic really starts...or alternatively leave after commuting Hell and arrive late. I am anticipating 7 to 9 hours on the road, weather permitting.

So...do I go early or after rush hour? and also, tips for relieving any stresses that the journey down gives me so I can cycle back again in reasonable comfort?

Top Bottom