now decided (tdef spoiler)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
what makes you say that

OP
OP
oldfatfool

oldfatfool

Guru
Deliberately body checking Aru, could easily have put him into the crowd or down the hill. Worse imo than the Sagan incident which was not obviously deliberate. Gets away with murder, last year they re-wrote the rules to allow him to progress up Ventoux sans bike, he now thinks imo much like LA that he is bigger than the race and he is being allowed to. Makes describing the tdef as a race a joke.

Last edited:
OP
OP
oldfatfool

oldfatfool

Guru
Easily rectified. Don't watch it.
Better still, don't post about it.
Watch something you enjoy.
?

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Bit of an over-reaction.

It looked pretty clearly to me to be Froome veering accidentally, presumably avoiding Martin's rear wheel which he was very close to in a moment of inattention and significant exertion.

Even Aru said "it wasn't in any way voluntary".

Froome apologised a few seconds after the nudge, and he doesn't seem the type for a deliberate foul followed by a faux apology.

Agreed that Carl Sagan's expulsion was a disgraceful decision though, and that's from someone who thinks he's a major arrse.

Adam4868

Guru
After the incident, the Aru and Froome bumped each other, leading some to think that Froome retaliated with a body-check. Froome said it was due to fans, Aru confirmed the same.

“He was almost falling because he’d come close to a fan, he lost his balance and his elbow came out,” Aru said. “He actually said sorry, it wasn’t on purpose, no way.”

Aru said there as no reason to talk about the attack because Froome did not have “any problems” with it, but Froome indicated it remains an open issue.

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2017/07/new...ion-for-his-attack_443231#M3yRq69SlstxsV23.99

OP
OP
oldfatfool

oldfatfool

Guru
After the incident, the Aru and Froome bumped each other, leading some to think that Froome retaliated with a body-check. Froome said it was due to fans, Aru confirmed the same.

“He was almost falling because he’d come close to a fan, he lost his balance and his elbow came out,” Aru said. “He actually said sorry, it wasn’t on purpose, no way.”

Aru said there as no reason to talk about the attack because Froome did not have “any problems” with it, but Froome indicated it remains an open issue.

Read more at http://www.velonews.com/2017/07/new...ion-for-his-attack_443231#M3yRq69SlstxsV23.99
BS Froome was in the middle of the pack nowhere near fans see video. Petulant behaviour at best, should the yellow jersey be 'protected'? And if so why?

Can you imagine a grand prix race were everyone pulls up and waits whilst the championship leader as a tyre change due to a puncture or a new gearbox fitted due to mechanical failure?

just because it isn't done in one sport doesn't mean it that applies to a different sport, for what its worth I don't agree with waiting if they have a mechanical or whatever , I see it as just part of racing , but, that's the way they do it in cycling so I just accept it, wont stop me watching and enjoying it though

Top Bottom