Now England are out, who are you supporting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bad Company said:
Germany for me.

It may be unfashionable but I like Germans and Germany.

Wish we could beat them in an important match though.;)

Holland. It was only a few years ago that people were talking about the end of a generation in Dutch football.

Easy to say now, but I thought they would beat Brazil who didn't look that convincing to me.

mangaman

Germany - best footballing side in the tournament for me.

Excellant defence and have scored 4 goals 3 times in 5 games :laugh:

Rebel Ian

Bad Company said:
Germany for me.

It may be unfashionable but I like Germans and Germany.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Having dealt with lots of German people with work plus meeting lots on holidays I can't think of a more friendly and polite bunch of people. As soon as they trashed England, I was rooting for the Germans.

OP
OP
darkstar

darkstar

Rebel Ian said:
Couldn't have said it any better myself. Having dealt with lots of German people with work plus meeting lots on holidays I can't think of a more friendly and polite bunch of people. As soon as they trashed England, I was rooting for the Germans.

I've never understood this sort of comment, claiming that everyone from a certain country are 'lovely people'. It's just pure nonsense, there are nice people from every nation. I've met really nice people from lots of places, doesn't constitute a valid reason to support them though...

Rebel Ian

darkstar said:
I've never understood this sort of comment, claiming that everyone from a certain country are 'lovely people'. It's just pure nonsense, there are nice people from every nation. I've met really nice people from lots of places, doesn't constitute a valid reason to support them though...

Did I say everyone?! But what's not to understand? I've had the fortune of working in many countries and with people from those countries - almost all of Western Europe, USA, Australia plus much of Asia Pacific. If you go abroad on holiday you also meet lots of people from other countries and continents.

Yes there are lots of nice people from everywhere but of all of the many people I've met from lots of countries in those scenarios I've found those from Germany are incredibly polite, friendly and have a great sense of humour. I'm sure there's some German people who aren't very nice like all countries - I just haven't found that to be my experience.

I think that's a pretty good reason for supporting them as opposed to randomly picking another team.

Top Bottom