Now I'm not racist but...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
PaulB said:
Imagine if it's like this during the Olympics!
If they hold the Olympics in the UK in July then it will be like this.:cheers:
Brief heavy showers are the norm at this time of year, but the higher temperatures soon dry everything out.:tongue:
The rain keeps the dust down, refreshes the atmosphere and puts colour in the vegetation.:biggrin::smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
snorri said:
The rain keeps the dust down, refreshes the atmosphere and puts colour in the vegetation.:blush::smile:
And two days later, flash floods wash that vegetation away... ;)

JamesAC

Jonathan M said:
Well, if consumer rights applied to weather forecasting, we'd all be suing the @rse off the Met Office, after their forecast of a "barbeque summer". Now its fecking obvious its going to be shite all summer, guess, what? They've downgraded their forecast

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8173533.stm

To be fair, the Met Office didn't forecast a "barbeque summer". This was the spin put on the headline by the pr people. The forecast was for temperature at or above the seasonal norm, rainfall below or at seasonal norm.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well my youngest and a friend have just gone and played outside with a hose in the rain... as if there wasn't enough water coming down, then found a polystyrene sheet left by builders and broken it up. I've made them pick up some of the pieces but in this rain I haven't got the heart to make them pick up the rest - they are totally soaked. (As it is I'm trying to get the other child's clothing dry before his mum turns up to pick him up). When its dry my son can clean it up on his own!!! Glad I'm not camping in this.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've just had to go and let the neighbour's cat in as it was soaking wet in a sudden extra heavy downpour.
Two of my own cats, however, are quite happily sleeping on the garden bench and refusing to come in!:biggrin:

Jonathan M

JamesAC said:
To be fair, the Met Office didn't forecast a "barbeque summer". This was the spin put on the headline by the pr people. The forecast was for temperature at or above the seasonal norm, rainfall below or at seasonal norm.

Conspiracy theory: In order to ensure more "staycations" there had to be an early statement of a good summer. Job well done by all accounts.

Top Bottom