Now officially joined the dark side

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Ordered a Giant SCR3 this morning, it'll be here Monday. Then I'll offically be a roadie :blush:

I know its a pointless post, but I'm quite excited as its my first EVER road bike :o)

Cheers

Chris :smile:

shiny shiny

L

mondobongo

Über Member
Welcome the 'Dark Side' is a pretty cool place to be just wait till you feel the speed of a road bike. I am well hooked after swapping my MTB for a Road bike a month or so ago.:blush:

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks peeps :o)

No, I'm a MTB'r, so roadies are the Dark side. For me, anyway :smile:

I had a quick go on a road bike yesterday. A bloke at work very kindly bought in his Lemond Buenos aires for me to have a spin on, it was an amazing bike :blush:
Mind you, I think the wheels on it probably cost more than my Giant :biggrin:

Still, very much looking forward to the speed. Much as I love my MTB, there is a distinct lack of mountains here in Kent, while there are lots of roads :smile:

Cheers

Chris :sad:

stevenb

Nice one mate.

I like having the best of both worlds.

I also have a set of wheels for off roading and a set of wheels for road riding...purely bcoz I can't be a*sed to keep changing the tyres over. :blush:

A road bike makes the world of difference for speed.

DLB

I went from owning a hybrid to owning a hybrid and a road bike about 8 months ago. The speed of the road bike is so much more thrilling (even if my speed is normally only 13mph :blush:)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Nothing pointless about a post made of sheer excitement! Sounds brilliant!!

Abitrary

What is the dark side though?

Roadies call MTB the darkside, and vice versa.

I enjoy riding my hybrid, which might be the greyside.

But, what if there was some sort of final decision about the light and darkside in the road / MTB debate?

Where would my hybrid be?

I am now confused???

Only Noam chomsky can assuage my confused brow:

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."

Frazer

Panter said:
Still, very much looking forward to the speed. Much as I love my MTB, there is a distinct lack of mountains here in Kent, while there are lots of roads :biggrin:

If you head in the right direction however there are a lot of nice hilly roads in Kent into the countryside

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Thanks again peeps :biggrin:

If you head in the right direction however there are a lot of nice hilly roads in Kent into the countryside
Yup, I hear you. I've been discovering a few lately and am, hopefully, joining a club ride today.
The only thing is it all involves fitting the bike carrier and driving somewhere, whereas with the roadie I'll be able to get straight out on it.

I'm a bit of a closet bunny hugger and I do like the idea of using the car as little as possible.

What is the dark side though?

Roadies call MTB the darkside, and vice versa.

I enjoy riding my hybrid, which might be the greyside.

But, what if there was some sort of final decision about the light and darkside in the road / MTB debate?

Where would my hybrid be?

Roadies ride round in tight groups wearing rubber pants. tHats the darkside. I rest my case :biggrin::sad:

Incidentally, I currently ride a hybrid on my commute and can confirm that its the Orange, with a hint of sunset Yellow side. Oh, and Green.

HTH

Chris :biggrin::biggrin:

killiekosmos

Veteran
Panter, you'll love the Giant. I got an SCR 2.0 six months ago, having been used to MTBs any hybrid tourers. It is soooooo different. My weekend and evening rides are a lot more fun and a lot quicker. Still use the others for rough roads but on smooth surfaces the Giant is king!

Top Bottom