Now that the religious thread, the politics thread and the immigration thread....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
.....have run their course, can we talk about a 17 year old lad having a bit of how's your father with his (married) 26 year old teacher?

Seems to me like (some) teachers need it spelling out to them in bold letters - DO NOT SHAG THE KIDS!!!

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
did I miss something?....

Brandane

Legendary Member
He probably loved every minute of it. It would only have been when she dumped him that he saw £££ signs and the opportunity to sell a story to the press, that he would have become the poor "victim". He was 17, so above the age of consent. She was only 26, so not overly mature herself. Can't see the big deal TBH.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
He was 17, so above the age of consent. She was only 26, so not overly mature herself. Can't see the big deal TBH.

It's a massive breach of trust and an illegal act. The teacher will be prosecuted, placed on the sex offenders register and banned from the profession for life.

Brandane

Legendary Member
It's a massive breach of trust and an illegal act. The teacher will be prosecuted, placed on the sex offenders register and banned from the profession for life.

I know it is against the law; but sometimes the law is an ass. Given their respective ages, if they had come together in any other walk of life then it would have been a non-event. However, given the circumstances, the teacher should have known better as she would be aware of the circumstances in the event of the relationship being found out. I just think the consequences are disproportionate to the crime.

Brandane

Legendary Member
If only Miss M (my French teacher at school) had fancied a bit of 'ooh la la' I'd have offered my baguette :thumbsup:

It's always the French teacher, isn't it? :laugh:
Well, apart from mine :sad:. HE used to rap us across the knuckles with a metal ruler for not paying attention, or lift you out of your seat by your sideburns :eek:.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It's always the French teacher, isn't it? :laugh:
Well, apart from mine :sad:. HE used to rap us across the knuckles with a metal ruler for not paying attention, or lift you out of your seat by your sideburns :eek:.

My French teacher felt out with me when I set fire to the contents of my desk drawer.

Miss Vietch: Levy, is that smoke coming out of your desk?
Mini me: No miss.
Miss Vietch: if it's not smoke what is it?
Mini me: Mist miss!
Miss Vietch: Open your drawer

Mini me opens drawer, smouldering sweet wrappers and drawer based detritus take the opportunity of an oxygen enriched environment to burst into flame. Miss Vietch screeches, Mini me's deskmate realises a long cherished ambition to use a fire extinguisher and floods desk drawer.

Mini me exits the classroom with instructions to ask the caretaker to come to the classroom to attend to the mess on my way to the head teachers office fo negotiate a punishment that didn't involve pain. The first task was easy the last task impossible....

Miss Veitch was a cruel hag.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I felt really guilty at the moment.
Part of me is all "Come on, you're not the first one to shag a patient, and you won't be the last. It happens."
But part of me is all "Mate. You're a vet."

:thanks:
IGMC

How is it illegal? Since when did the age of consent move to 18? I do not condone what she did, but I thought the age of consent was 16 not 18.

oops....found the answer right after I posted my question....

It's legal, except with someone who's in a 'position of trust' over us. This includes teachers, carers and doctors, who we trust to look after us. It's illegal for them to have sex with under-18s in their care.

Iain M Norman

A friend of mine is a sailing instructor in his 40s, he had an enthuisatic 17yo sailor who began helping him with lessons. This 17yo boy started a relationship with a 17yo girl on the course. Her parents didn't like that he was from the wrong side of town, knew their law, and reported him to the police.

Because he was in a position of trust he was screwed.

Top Bottom