Numb Hand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skupp

Had the same issue myself when I first started riding 6-7 weeks back. Rested my hands for a few days, bought some gloves, and made an effort to put less weight on my hands, as well as moving them to different positions on the handle bars.

Seems to have worked so far...

Cheers!
Daniel.

its always my left hand that gets pins and needles first, and my bike has ergo pads, like the ones above, switching to bar ends helps, but mine are only very short ones, gonna try some padded gloves soon, as someone has recommended them for this reason, and also because if you fall off, id rather hurt the gloves than my hand...

LondonCommuter

I agree on protecting hands. I hit a big pothole at high speed a few months ago and went flying over the front of the bike. The fleshy bits of my hands below the palms burnt like hell when I first stood up but were fine and well protected by my gloves. The scars on my legs are still there and I was cut and bruised in various places. Also tore my jacket and the top underneath it. But the gloves only have minor damage. Certainly taught me the value of wearing gloves.

Mr Pig

I get really bad numbness in my hands and I've never found a cure. I have bar ends, BG grips, I've fitted riser stem and bars, even with a completely different bike I still get it :0(

Top Bottom