Numbness and pins an needles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kendo2505

Hi

Recently got back into cycling after a few years away( family etc etc) But really suffering with pins and needles in my fingers, have tried change of position, new gloves different stem length and height. Any other advice would be appreciated, currently have Bianchi via nerone C2C
Cheers
Martyn

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Lovely bike.

Are you putting much weight on your hands? If you sit on your bike as usual, can you clasp your hands behind your back without moving anything except your arms? That tends to be the acid test for whether your saddle and pedal position is balanced for the bike.

Also, www.SheldonBrown.com/pain.html

OP
OP
kendo2505

kendo2505

Thanks I will go and try that.
I must admit the balance for the bike ties in with the amount of falls I've been having. I had put it down to me changing the bike setup to much.

It sounds as though you're not supporting enough weight yet with your core muscles. Only time in the saddle / miles of riding can help that ultimately. In the mean time, get a proper belts and braces bike fit done, and keep doing what you already are, as regards moving your hands around the various positions on the bars.

Top Bottom