nutter cyclist towed by lorry at 65mph!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

'Suicycle maniac'
lol weeee!

Cyclist was pushing the lorry!

smiley-linie-007.gif

mcd

If a spokesman for the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents said “This would have been a major distraction to other people on the road and they could have lost concentration with horrendous consequences.”

Does that mean it would have been safer if the cyclist wasn't wearing a hi-viz vest?!?!? :rolleyes:

Does it also mean that it's OK to drive dangerously if you see see someone else doing something dangerous? "Honest officer, I was driving dangerously because I saw someone else using a mobile phone while driving" ???

Bizarre indeed.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
“I started filming him because I thought otherwise my mates would never believe me – anything could have happened.”

Sgt Mark Pennington of Merseyside Police, who have appealed for information about the cyclist, said: “This was a particularly dangerous and stupid act that could easily have resulted in the loss of life.”

Luke, 20, of Liverpool is expecting a court summons shortly for using his mobile phone whilst in control of a motor vehicle.

The cyclist was undercover officer P.C. Julian Strangepork on an entrapment operation !!!!

Hahaha.gif

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Brock said:
He could be charged with 'careless cycling'? Is that an offence then?

I don't think 'careless' is a very good description. I would have imagine that doing that required a great deal of attention and nerve! 'dangerous', now that's probably more appropriate...

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Elmer Fudd said:
Luke, 20, of Liverpool is expecting a court summons shortly for using his mobile phone whilst in control of a motor vehicle.

The cyclist was undercover officer P.C. Julian Strangepork on an entrapment operation !!!!

the lengths they'll go to nowadays eh...

Bonj,

Did you have your helmet camera on at the time? I'd love to see your footage of it? Did you know the lorry was going where you were going? Or did you just let go as you approached your exit?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

To be honest whenever I've pulled up at the lights and there's one of those really low flat-bed lorries alongside, i've always had the urge to just jump on it. :rolleyes: can't see what harm it'd do, unless it set off as I was mid-jumping on and left my bike behind...don't worry never have though. and probably never will.:rolleyes:

Vehicles pulling trailers aren't allowed to exceed 60mph, the lorry driver should have been prosecuted.

A friend of mine was drafting a lorry once and managed to get his brake cable caught in one of the cargo-strap hooks, not only did he find himself traveling at 45mph but his front brake was jammed on by the tension on the brake cable. Melted his front pads before he managed to unhook himself.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Dude looks fine, seems in control, can't see it as a problem, except for it being on a motorway.........

Wish I could get away with it more often, but truckers and bus drivers here tend to stop when they see you're doing it......

Top Bottom