o no, that's torn it...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Today i totally flaunted the dress code at work... by wear strappy wedge heel sandals. Well ... it was hot!

only... on the way out, i twisted my ankle in them and fell over. have now got one cut hand, one cut big toe, one cut ankle and a pain down the back of my leg which i'm sure will be much worse tomorrow and i'm already limping. not to mention the suspected broken metatarsol (ok, that's a slight exaggeration but you never know)

I am dreading going to work tomorrow. 5 people saw it, including a budding manager, which probably means there'll be a big investigation... and then they will find out I was blatantly flaunting their stupid dress code (which only exists on our floor of the building) and of course, the fact that they have a dodgy pavement will probably be overlooked, even tho that actually WAS the cause of the problem. If i am in pain tomorrow i will still have to walk like nothing is wrong and hope they have forgotten LOL

God help me... they've already banned most of my shoe collection! i could now be the cause of all the girls getting banned from wearing anything slightly feminine. they will lynch me!

Get well soon buggi - I thought everyone was still wearing bUggi boots - or is that just a London thing?

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
maybe i should take my ferret to work to distract them. they can have an investigation on that instead...

o man... they are going to go to town on this... they love a good incident!

If it was a dress code because of 'elf and safety then you only have yourself to blame but if as I suspect it is a dress or correctly shoe code that has no bearing on how safely you do your job then sue and be damned:laugh:.

P.S. Give you leg a good rub with some witchhazel, just dont get it in the cuts, that might help.

P.P.S. Did you put it in the accident book.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I fell over too today, stepping off the kerb I turned my ankle in a pothole, and the box I was carrying went flying as I went down. Grazed a knee slightly through my trousers, which only hurt because it was on top of yesterday's sunburn....

I think my colleague thought I'd had a heart attack or something...

My shoes? Steel toecap trainers - about as elf and safety as you can get.

Sorry to hear about your fall though - get well soon!

Tubbs

I also tripped and hurt my foot today and I was wearing flat shoes! Bloody dangerous that walking - it makes me laugh actually, I get to work and park my bike up, take my helmet off and then almost fall over walking the short distance to the office. I should put my helmet on when I get off my bike as I'm always tripping and falling over my own feet, yet I never fall off my bike. :laugh:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
i fall over more in flat shoes than my heels LOL. they say it's elf and safety but they are the only department in the whole of company (and all the sites) that has a dress code (other than the engineers obviously with their hard hats and steel toe capped boots) OMG they are just going to love this!

I tripped over the cat while running down stairs to answer the door to the driver bearing my new tyres.
No damage done, to me, the cat or the hoover I landed on.

Top Bottom