Obree Gay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Non-story from the off.

Papers printing this trash should be drummed out of business

To be honest, I don't think that's the case here is it? I think Obree outed himself?
But yeah, I don't read any newspapers anyway.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, that and the way he (and his brother) were bullied as a kid if you read his Flying Scotsman book.
I have read it. Yes - it's not surprising that he has found life very difficult.

He was very open about his mental health problems in The Flying Scotsman, and yet it turns out that he still hadn't really been completely honest with himself. Perhaps he will now rewrite it the book? He found writing the first edition very cathartic. I think that's probably why he did the newspaper interview. Yes, his sexuality isn't any of our business, but he doesn't want to have to hide it any longer - fair play to him.

surfdude

Veteran
what sorry state this world is when you still have to hide something so small as who you fancy from the rest of the world . i thought we had passed this and all grown up .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
what sorry state this world is when you still have to hide something so small as who you fancy from the rest of the world . i thought we had passed this and all grown up .
Unfortunately, people are still being beaten to death, or even executed by their state because of their sexuality. I can't get my head round that, but there you go.

My niece came out a year or so back. She hadn't felt able to while my father was still alive. My mum told me that he would probably have "accepted that in the end" ("it" apparently wasn't so "bad" in the case of women), but if I'd been gay he would have "disowned" me - Isn't that just super! With attitudes like that common in those days, is it any wonder that Graeme Obree and many others didn't feel free to be honest?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
This man has suffered enough in his life time. Why the hell don't they leave him alone. Good luck C.O.

Once again, GO press-released the information. He is wanting to tell his story. It's not the press hounding him.

Top Bottom