Obscure and niche tourist attractions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
The Harworth and Bircotes sports and social club pavilion on the Notts/South Yorks border has a window case dedicated to Tom Simpson who lived nearby.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
In Reykjavik there is Phallological museum
... And yes it is worth a visit
A work colleague visited that recently.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Carnforth used to have Steamtown. It was brilliant. Now Carnforth has the Brief Encounter exhibition, because a couple of scenes from the movie were shot there... it's one of the smallest and most underwhelming exhibitions I've briefly encountered.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm pretty sure they did tours around Trinity Square Car Park in Gateshead until it was demolished in 2010.

Bonus point if you know why it's famous!

AndyRM

XOXO
was Alf Roberts thrown off it?

Right idea, wrong character.

AndyRM

XOXO
I only know him by his Coronation Street name.

coincidentally (and off topic) I was watching an episode of Strangers last night (1978, starring Don Henderson) and Roy Cropper was playing a young copper.

Ah, never having seen Coronation Street I didn't realise the connection. So yes, bonus points to you!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Carnforth used to have Steamtown. It was brilliant. Now Carnforth has the Brief Encounter exhibition, because a couple of scenes from the movie were shot there... it's one of the smallest and most underwhelming exhibitions I've briefly encountered.
Very popular with coach parties though. Brief Encounter is a massive thing in Japan apparently
It's perfect for whiling away a few minutes waiting for the train to Grange over Sands

Very popular with coach loads of Japanese tourists apparently (the exhibition that is, not Grange over Sands)

Top Bottom