Obstruction depiction, BIFO

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
Ripping off a theme from one of 2022s photo challenges - I looked for ages for a seperate thread before I realised where I had seen it, doh.
Pics of your BIFO an obstruction.
I'll crack off with this beaut in Chatburn
DSC_5307.JPG

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Jeez, we'll soon need a separate YBIFOA section of the forum....SHAUN!!!

steverob

Guru
It's not a "my bike in front of" but I do have a candidate for the worst road closure obstruction that I saw on my Christmas Eve ride - a whole 1.3 miles of road was closed (I measured it on Strava afterwards) for something that blocked less than one lane for maybe 2-3 yards worth of bollards and cones.

1672505862465.png

Possibly would have been more sensible to have automated temporary traffic lights to let one lane through at a time, but Thames Water applied for a full road closure for over a week with multiple signs leading up to it in both directions telling people it was totally shut. Luckily I ran into a local resident coming the other way and he saw I was looking at my phone to find a diversion (there wasn't one signed) and said that I could ignore it and carry on through. At first I thought maybe it was one of those ones where cyclists and walkers could get by (maybe I'd have to dismount) but when I came to it I had to laugh as there was still one and a bit lanes available.

1672505908395.png

The closure was the whole stretch of red above, with the actual bollards being where the circular marker is (I took the photo looking backwards once I'd gone past it).

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
It's not a "my bike in front of" but I do have a candidate for the worst road closure obstruction that I saw on my Christmas Eve ride - a whole 1.3 miles of road was closed (I measured it on Strava afterwards) for something that blocked less than one lane for maybe 2-3 yards worth of bollards and cones.

View attachment 672865

Possibly would have been more sensible to have automated temporary traffic lights to let one lane through at a time, but Thames Water applied for a full road closure for over a week with multiple signs leading up to it in both directions telling people it was totally shut. Luckily I ran into a local resident coming the other way and he saw I was looking at my phone to find a diversion (there wasn't one signed) and said that I could ignore it and carry on through. At first I thought maybe it was one of those ones where cyclists and walkers could get by (maybe I'd have to dismount) but when I came to it I had to laugh as there was still one and a bit lanes available.

View attachment 672867

The closure was the whole stretch of red above, with the actual bollards being where the circular marker is (I took the photo looking backwards once I'd gone past it).

Maybe someone likes playing with the signs

All uphill

Still rolling along
Am I alone in often enjoying a "closed" Road?

I can only remember one in recent years that was truly closed to pedestrians ( and people pushing a pram or bike) and I've quite often had a mile or two of traffic free riding.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A hillside asbestos dump went walkabout in heavy rain... :eek:

Scout Rd landslip closure.jpg

In the same storm, a road on the other side of the valley ALSO went walkabout!

Midgley Road Boxing Day 2015 flood damage closure.jpg

Midgley Road Boxing Day 2015 flood damage.jpg

They closed this lane for some reason...

Road closed - but not for bikes.jpg

... just a few bumps in the road...
Did you spot it #1.jpg

... can't see what all the fuss is about...
Did you spot it #2.jpg

Ah, okay - fair enough! :laugh:
Did you spot it #3 - ok you spotted it.jpg

It's even worse now!
SS on Calderbrook Rd landslip.jpg

I'll let them off with this one...
Road closure for TdF.jpg

Pah - closing a road for a little pothole!
1658417678960-png.png

Top Bottom