Obstruction depiction, BIFO

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
20220829_153109.jpg

Above, somewhere in the south of France.
Below, French / German border at Weil am Rhein
20220820_123840.jpg

figbat

Slippery scientist
Luckily there was a very quick diversion.
IMG_4273.jpeg

presta

Guru
I did a 5 mile detour at Brampton once, only to find it put me on the wrong side of the closure. I'd correctly guessed it was the bridge that was closed, but didn't notice there were two bridges.

Cycling up Mallerstang, I saw that the Birkdale road from Nateby to Keld was closed with no information whether there was an exception for cyclists. I'd have been effin' livid if I'd been going that way, and had to detour via Wensleydale and the Buttertubs, that's an extra 9 miles and 800' of climbing, and even worse if you'd gone up Birkdale first and then had to turn back.

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Don't have photo evidence but a short story related to road closures. I often ignore the signs as there is usually a way for a bike and rides to squeeze past. On One occasion I decided to ride Wyrnose past from west, but didn't fancy Hardknott Pass the "wrong way" having descended that but a few days earlier, so I turned left at Cockley Back, ignoring the road/bridge closed sign, only to.find that the bridged had just been tarmacked and was completely impassable.
It was raining and I was pretty wet, so I just picked up the bike and walked across the river in my cycling shoes.
Would not recommend it

Top Bottom