Oct (ok it's tomorrow!) fixed savings rates.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
A step in the right direction for savers with these fixed rate bonds:

Via A J Bell...

3 year fixed 1.77%

2 year fixed 1.70%

18 months fixed 1.50%

Etc.

Some are Sharia a/c's (no problem, we have a decent stash in Sharia a/c's and ours are FSCS protected - always check though).

If you can afford to stash it away these are much better prospects than Current a/c's and PB's from NS&I.

Chris S

Legendary Member
BLME do 1.34% for 12 months. Interest rates are rising so if you put your money away for longer you could miss out on much better rates this time next year.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Gatehouse offering 1.51% for 12 months, another Sharia. Want to put a dollop away myself but only want a shortish term due to the potential rate rises, certainly no more than 12 months.

OP
OP
SpokeyDokey

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
BLME do 1.34% for 12 months. Interest rates are rising so if you put your money away for longer you could miss out on much better rates this time next year.
Gatehouse offering 1.51% for 12 months, another Sharia. Want to put a dollop away myself but only want a shortish term due to the potential rate rises, certainly no more than 12 months.

NB: this will not apply to any Sharia a/c's mentioned thus far in the thread as they are fixed term a/c's with no early exit option but...

... I think the early penalty clauses on ISA's are generally a bit of a non-issue re waiting for rate rises.

Over the years we have dumped a number of ISA's and transferred them to ISA's with better rates.

This has always been a good move.

All that is required is some simple maths and you can quickly work out whether the higher rate ISA will return you more (whilst accounting for the 6 month exit penalty on the current ISA) over the period of time remaining in the current ISA.

If the answer is yes: transfer it.

NB: I'm assuming the ISA's are fixed term BTW.

Top Bottom