October 24th CC Central Scotland Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Thanks for all that Scoosh! :smile: I suppose I never thought how c** drivers would move their 'bents to other locations :blush:, apart from the obvious way :biggrin:. I see most of my "negatives" have been dismissed, more or less. I'll have to investigate some more (@ Bicycle Works), but suspect this may have to wait for a further n+1 iteration at a later stage, they don't seem to be as affordable as more ordinary bikes ...

My thoughts are more towards a light tourer that can take some easy off-roading ... possibly in the cyclocross bike direction. Cycling Active (issue 2) has some interesting reviews ... I do like the look of the Kinesis Crosslight Five T :smile:, but it's also at the very top of my price range. It does have rack mounts and with the alloy fork option can take mudguards too .... :biggrin:. CA certainly rave about it, and it seems to cover all the things I'd ideally like my go-faster to do well ... HJ suggested he could get one of those, and I get his Norco :ohmy:, but I've set him straight on that :biggrin:.

But then again I can dream for a little while, I'd never buy any bike without trying it out first!

scoosh said:
Mrs Scoosh has an '08 Spesh Dolce Elite which she is happy for you to try sometime ...
:tongue: yes please, that would be great! Is that the bike she rode to St. Andrews and on the CC Perth ride? Many thanks to Mrs. Scoosh for the offer.

T

scook94

Veteran
Are we having a ride in November?

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
scook94 said:
Are we having a ride in November?
It's a definite possibility - just arrange it for us :bravo: and we'll all say we're coming .....:tongue:

... then drop out at the last minute :biggrin: (only if the weather is bad, of course ;))

HOWEVER....
I would draw attention to this thread, concerning Shaun (the Admin - aka Mr CycleChat, the man who set up and runs the whole thing), who has a SIGNIFICANT Birthday, being celebrated with a ride from York.

At the first October CC Scotland ride, I floated the idea of some of us going down to join this ride, to show our appreciation for what Shaun has created, to meet some of the southern CCers and to have a week-end away from the Scottish weather ;). There was some interest expressed, so if anyone else is thinking of going, let us know and we'll see if we can arrange something.

I asked about accommodation and there are Youth Hostel, B & B, Travelodge-type - even 4* hotels for HJ :biggrin:. Not much floor space down south ;).

The date for the ride is SUNDAY 15 NOVEMBER, starting about 10.00am. It's a 2hrs 30 train ride from Embra (3.45 from Glesga), so, with a finish about 4.00pm, we should be able to get a train to get us back in reasonable time to cycle home in the dark.

Apparently, if we get a train run by National Express East Coast, they have a luggage van which can take loads of bikes :biggrin:. Fares from Embra around £34 each way. Not sure about details from the West - but I'm sure you are all more than capable of digging out the info :laugh:.

Any takers ???

I'll start a new thread on this, I think.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Aye, start an new thread, so that more people will see it. I am still thinking about it, we will probably go...

Top Bottom