October 24th CC Central Scotland Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Telemark said:
:biggrin:

The slight cold (that I thought was on its way out) has now become a "proper cold", with sneezing, coughing & spluttering :evil:. Unless it magically disappears over night, I am afraid that's me out too ...

We are dropping like flies :cursing: ... is there anybody left?

T (feeling very sorry for herself)

P.S. On the + side, we've been round a few LBSs this morning ... the search for the "go faster" has started :reading:. n+1, here we come ...
Hope you feel better real soon, T :cursing:

For your go-faster, check out David Gardiner, who works out of the Bicycle Works (just round a couple of corners from you :blush:. These things are fantastic fun and they go faster :welcome:

MrRidley

Sorry guys, looks like i'm out to, lack of childminder's and with Mrs Bhoyjim working i wont be able to make it, the weather's not looking to good anyway, so hope to see you all on the next one.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I don't think I will make it either, far from my cold getting better over the week, I seem to be slowly sinking...;)

OP
OP
S

Seamab

Looks like only me and Scoosh left. We'll give you a cafe report.;)

Hope Telemark & HJ cold gets better soon. We can always do this ride another time for those who miss out.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Seamab said:
Looks like only me and Scoosh left. We'll give you a cafe report.:laugh:

:laugh: Yes please! Don't feel you have to sacrifice yourselves and sample the whole menu for our sake ;). I hope we'll get a ride report too, and a photo or 2 of the sunshine on the hills and the autumn colours ... sigh ... (can't find an "envious" smiley)

Seamab said:
We can always do this ride another time for those who miss out.

I'd like that, the route looks great. At least it wouldn't be too repetitive for the majority of CCCS-ers :blush:

Have a great ride you two!

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Due to an embarassing discovery about an MOT, I am carelessly carless tomorrow :ohmy:.

With the weather being ifffy and only 2 of us now intending to go, I am going to duck out too, so Seamab will need to give a solo cafe report.

OP
OP
S

Seamab

Someone else better organise the next one - i seem to have jinxed this one.

Cafe report - Corrieries is a fantastic cycle friendly Italian Cafe who wares i have sampled on many occasions. Very highly recommended. I think i might go anyway and take the family (in the car....)

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I'm enjoying the view of the Trossachs from my living room... what little I can see of them due to the weather anyway! :smile:

Not too nice here, very windy and looks like it could rain at any moment. Seamab's got the right idea to enjoy Corrierie's sans velo!

Jane Smart

The Queen
I must admit the weather is dreadful! I was out on my bike yesterday for a wee 22 miler and the wind and rain was the worst I have experienced since I started cycling almost five months ago, but boy I loved the challenge :laugh:

Hopefully I will get out with you all again soon, I get my new bike a week today ( for my birthday ) which should make a difference on the roads ( I hope :smile: )

:smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Seamab said:
Looks like only me and Scoosh left. We'll give you a cafe report.:smile:

Hope Telemark & HJ cold gets better soon. We can always do this ride another time for those who miss out.

I look forward to having the opportunity to do this ride when I am fit again, what ever the weather.

scoosh said:
Due to an embarassing discovery about an MOT, I am carelessly carless tomorrow :laugh:.

With the weather being ifffy and only 2 of us now intending to go, I am going to duck out too, so Seamab will need to give a solo cafe report.

Ach, Scoosh yer big jessy, that is a feeble excuse, you could have easily ridden to Waverly and caught the train. That is what I would have been doing if I was fit to ride today, that is no reason at all, this is a good opportunity to learn that you don't need the car... :smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Seamab said:
Someone else better organise the next one - i seem to have jinxed this one.

Cafe report - Corrieries is a fantastic cycle friendly Italian Cafe who wares i have sampled on many occasions. Very highly recommended. I think i might go anyway and take the family (in the car....)

I am sure it's not you, it's probably the rest of us being greedy and wanting to go on another CC ride so soon after the last one :smile:.
Let's try again some time soon?

T

OP
OP
S

Seamab

eldudino said:
I'm enjoying the view of the Trossachs from my living room... what little I can see of them due to the weather anyway! :whistle:

Not too nice here, very windy and looks like it could rain at any moment. Seamab's got the right idea to enjoy Corrierie's sans velo!

Yes the weather was poor here this afternoon with a lot of rain around 12pm and very windy - so probably best it was called off. Unfortunately, instead of Corrieries i ended up with a paint brush in my hand.....Not that i'm blaming anyone:tongue:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HJ said:
Ach, Scoosh yer big jessy, that is a feeble excuse, you could have easily ridden to Waverly and caught the train. That is what I would have been doing if I was fit to ride today, that is no reason at all, this is a good opportunity to learn that you don't need the car... ;)
... or I could have joined the rest of my family visiting my daughter at uni in Glasgow and taking her out for lunch ..... which seemed like a much better option :B) .... which is why I did just that :biggrin:.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
... or I could have joined the rest of my family visiting my daughter at uni in Glasgow and taking her out for lunch ..... which seemed like a much better option :sad: .... which is why I did just that :thumbsup:.

We'll let you off then :blush:

Going even more off topic - thinking of your suggestion of a 'bent as my new "go-faster", it's an intriguing idea, and I like it.

BUT: I don't think they fit into the usual bike spaces on trains (or are there foldable bents out there?:smile:)

The other major downside for me is that I'd feel much more vulnerable, being lower down and less "in the face" of other road users, especially on busy roads, + closer to the exhaust fumes too ... :sad:

So I think it'll have to be a more "traditional" one for me, which is still rather exciting :biggrin:. Any further suggestions welcome, I may even have to start my own "what bike?" thread :sad:, once I've worked out what type of bike I want ... (bearing in mind that the result of n+1 cannot become > 2 in the foreseable future :biggrin:)

In the meantime I'd be happy to just get out on the bike again soon, this on-off cold has been going on for far too long now :hugs:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Telemark said:
We'll let you off then :sad:

Going even more off topic - thinking of your suggestion of a 'bent as my new "go-faster", it's an intriguing idea, and I like it.

BUT: I don't think they fit into the usual bike spaces on trains (or are there foldable bents out there?:smile:) Yes, there are - but more folding for transport in the back of a c**

The other major downside for me is that I'd feel much more vulnerable, being lower down and less "in the face" of other road users, especially on busy roads, + closer to the exhaust fumes too ... :sad: Curiously, 'bent riders often comment on the fact that, because you are lower down, you are less usual - and therefore more visible :ohmy:. When people see a 'bent, they usually smile too - and give you more room :biggrin:. Not all 'bents are at exhaust-pipe height :biggrin:

So I think it'll have to be a more "traditional" one for me, which is still rather exciting :tongue:. Any further suggestions welcome, I may even have to start my own "what bike?" thread :biggrin:, once I've worked out what type of bike I want ... (bearing in mind that the result of n+1 cannot become > 2 in the foreseable future :angry:)

In the meantime I'd be happy to just get out on the bike again soon, this on-off cold has been going on for far too long now :wacko:
Mrs Scoosh has an '08 Spesh Dolce Elite which she is happy for you to try sometime ...

Top Bottom