October 24th CC Central Scotland Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seamab

NOW CANCELLED!
Here's a non Edinburgh centric route for a CC ride this weekend starting in Dunblane and finishing at Corrieries cafe in Stirling - only 28 miles but could easily be extended.

Date: Sometime in the future:smile:
Time: 11am ish
Start: Dunblane train station
Finish: Causewayhead, Stirling (Corrieries)

For car drivers i'd suggest parking at the Wallace monument in Stirling and cycling up to Dunblane. Allow 30 min for going via the easy (but busy) way via Bridge of Allan or warming up on the steep climb over Sheriffmuir and down to Dunblane. Not for the faint hearted or under geared.

Runners and riders - None bar me

:becool:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Seamab said:
Here's a non Edinburgh centric route for a CC ride this weekend starting in Dunblane and finishing at Corrieries cafe in Stirling - only 28 miles but could easily be extended.

Date: Sat 24th (Sun 25th Oct - is also possible if preferred or better weather forecast)
Time: 11am ish
Start: Dunblane train station
Finish: Causewayhead, Stirling (Corrieries)

For car drivers i'd suggest parking at the Wallace monument in Stirling and cycling up to Dunblane. Either via the easy (but busy) way via Bridge of Allan or warming up on the steep climb over Sheriffmuir and down to Dunblane. Not for the faint hearted or under geared.

Any takers?

yes please (assuming the cold will be gone by the weekend).

For those thinking of using the train:

from Edinburgh fine on both days
Sat dep 9:33 arr 10:39, or
Sun dep 9:38 arr 10:41

from Glasgow fine on Sat but a bit less convenient on Sundays .. either longer wait at Dunblane or get off the train a stop earlier and ride? :becool:

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I should be OK :cold:

I did the 3 Glens Explorer Audax over part of this route a month or so back and IIRC, that cafe was not available as a control/stop for us. Not sure why but might be worth confirming ...

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I've already got a ride planned on Saturday morning (7.45am again!) with some guys from the bike club - about 35 miles along similar roads so I'm not sure I'll be allowed out for another ride on the same day, especially as I was out Sat and Sun this week. It would be ideal though as it's right on my doorstep, plus I'd be well up for a calzone at Corrierie's afterwards!!! Riding/family balance is getting difficult though so it's a maybe from me at the mo.

By the way Scoosh, Corrierie's is very bike friendly in my experience.

marooncat

Might make this one, if I am back into Scotland time and out of Tokyo time by then.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Seamab said:
Saturday's weather forecast is very poor at the moment (heavy rain) so Sunday may be the better option.

+1
The MetOffice & Metcheck are now more or less agreeing on the weekend, quite different from earlier in the week!
It might be a bit breezy, with any luck we'll get some wind-assisted climbing :biggrin:, but we might end up paying for that during the 2nd half, 42 mph gusts ;)... that should help us work up an appetite :smile::tongue:

Looks like there might be a few of us?
Seamab
Scoosh
Bhoyjim (mebbe aye? :smile:)
HJ
Telemark
Marooncat (is the jetlag gone?)
Eldudino (have you managed to convince SWMBO yet?)

Looking forward,

T

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Seamab said:
Saturday's weather forecast is very poor at the moment (heavy rain) so Sunday may be the better option.
What - he who did the Ken Laidlaw getting concerned about a bit of RAIN ;) ???

... ah, I see - he's kindly thinking of others ;). What a jolly decent chap :laugh:

And I think waiting till Sunday - despite it making the trains more awkward - is a much better option :biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scoosh said:
... ah, I see - he's kindly thinking of others ;). What a jolly decent chap :biggrin:

:smile: Maybe the KenLaidlaw-ers had enough rain that day to last for the rest of the year? ;) I don't mind leaving the decision on which day until tomorrow evening.

Better give the bike a clean for the occasion, it was the dirtiest by a long shot last weekend :smile:. That might even make it a bit lighter and faster :smile:, but probably not significantly, the rider is still the same :laugh:

T

Top Bottom