October 24th CC Central Scotland Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

Seamab

Telemark said:
:smile: Maybe the KenLaidlaw-ers had enough rain that day to last for the rest of the year? :becool: I don't mind leaving the decision on which day until tomorrow evening.

Better give the bike a clean for the occasion, it was the dirtiest by a long shot last weekend :smile:. That might even make it a bit lighter and faster :biggrin:, but probably not significantly, the rider is still the same :smile:

T

I am averse to monsoon conditions whilst cycling and (Ken Laidlaw apart) a fairweather cyclist. We don't want to arrive at the cafe and start wringing out our clothes...Might get arrested.

Sunday is showing a strong westerly which will blow us up the hill and down the other side but will make the second half tough. We'll take a final decision this evening by 7pm if that's OK

I think i'll leave the bike cleaning until after the event. Maybe take a lesson on this from Scoosh - his bike was sparkling last time i saw it - furniture polish or similar i believe?

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Seamab said:
I think i'll leave the bike cleaning until after the event. Maybe take a lesson on this from Scoosh - his bike was sparkling last time i saw it - furniture polish or similar i believe?

Great idea, get Scoosh to clean your bike!! :thumbsup: ;)

OP
OP
S

Seamab

Tomorrow is definitely cancelled as far as i am concerned - who is up for Sunday? Might be some rain in the morning but clearing up with a strong westerly

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Seamab said:
Tomorrow is definitely cancelled as far as i am concerned - who is up for Sunday? Might be some rain in the morning but clearing up with a strong westerly

HJ and I are still keen, Sunday is fine with us :ohmy:.

Agree tomorrow looks a bit wet, far too wet for my old no-longer-waterproof jacket! That's my excuse anyway :evil: ... might have to go and find a new one tomorrow xx(.

T

MrRidley

Mrs Bhoyjim has just arrived home from work and informed me she is working sunday :smile: but if i can be home for 4pm then i will be there :laugh:

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
I did a route similar to tomorrow's ride this morning and the roads were moist and clogged with leaves in places though it did stay dry until about 5 miles from home, the Hill of Row is a nice climb and a great way back to Dunblane. My new crud road racer mudguards worked really well though there's a bit of a rub I need to find this afternoon. I think I'm going to pass on tomorrow though, might change my mind but I've had a busy week and not seen my wee yin much so it's family day (unless I have a change of heart!).

Weather report at 11.09, 24.10.09 - cack!

OP
OP
S

Seamab

eldudino said:
I did a route similar to tomorrow's ride this morning and the roads were moist and clogged with leaves in places though it did stay dry until about 5 miles from home, the Hill of Row is a nice climb and a great way back to Dunblane. My new crud road racer mudguards worked really well though there's a bit of a rub I need to find this afternoon. I think I'm going to pass on tomorrow though, might change my mind but I've had a busy week and not seen my wee yin much so it's family day (unless I have a change of heart!).

Weather report at 11.09, 24.10.09 - cack!

I'm looking out the window here thinking where's the rain? It's damp and windy but not very wet. Thinking maybe we should have just gone for it. I've got a pair of crud racer guards to put on this afternoon in anticipation of tomorrow - be interesting to see how they fare.

Where's the Hill of Row?

Maybe see you tomorrow

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Seamab said:
I've got a pair of crud racer guards to put on this afternoon in anticipation of tomorrow - be interesting to see how they fare.

Where's the Hill of Row?

They fit fairly well tbh, make sure you put elec tape on the frame where they attach. Are you putting them on the Cannondale? If so, I've got some white elec tape if you want it to match the frame, PM me if you need to borrow some or help fitting.

The hill of Row (said Roux as in the sauce) is going out from Bridge of Allan to Doune. It's a long steady climb but stepped so you get a wee rest at strategic points.

OP
OP
S

Seamab

eldudino said:
They fit fairly well tbh, make sure you put elec tape on the frame where they attach. Are you putting them on the Cannondale? If so, I've got some white elec tape if you want it to match the frame, PM me if you need to borrow some or help fitting.

The hill of Row (said Roux as in the sauce) is going out from Bridge of Allan to Doune. It's a long steady climb but stepped so you get a wee rest at strategic points.

Yes, i've put them on the Cannondale. I used some black elec tape and it looks OK - thanks for the offer. White would probably have been better. A wee bit fiddly to fix up but not too bad. It will be getting the cable ties next to the brakes on and off without damage that may prove difficult. Might need to get a supply of these. I should be able to swap the guards between my bikes. Maybe get some more sets of lugs for them if they are available as an accessory.

I think i know the Hill of Row - i've only come up it from the Doune side - takes you past a monument near the top and drops you at the roundabout where the motorway ends?

We did get heavy rain here from around 11.30 to 2.30pm so it would have been miserable had we gone out at 11am today. I had a shot on the turbo instead.

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Seamab said:
I think i know the Hill of Row - i've only come up it from the Doune side - takes you past a monument near the top and drops you at the roundabout where the motorway ends?

That's the one. I've done it both ways, it's a good slog on the hybrid! Better on the roadbike.

Seamab said:
We did get heavy rain here from around 11.30 to 2.30pm so it would have been miserable had we gone out at 11am today. I had a shot on the turbo instead.

You'll be due some more bad weather soon then, it's still peeing down here on and off. Glad I got out early today while the weather was good.

marooncat

I am not going to be there tomorrow - have developed a chesty cough over the last 24 hours so think I will be as well to have a day doing not very much :laugh: :sad:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:blush:

The slight cold (that I thought was on its way out) has now become a "proper cold", with sneezing, coughing & spluttering :biggrin:. Unless it magically disappears over night, I am afraid that's me out too ...

We are dropping like flies :reading: ... is there anybody left?

T (feeling very sorry for herself)

P.S. On the + side, we've been round a few LBSs this morning ... the search for the "go faster" has started :evil:. n+1, here we come ...

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Telemark said:
P.S. On the + side, we've been round a few LBSs this morning ... the search for the "go faster" has started :blush:. n+1, here we come ...

Ka-CHING! Twist Mr.T's arm to buy it now, now, now, now, now.... (you get the idea)

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Top Bottom