October CC Central Scotland Forum Ride?

Which route?

• Dunfermline route only 28 miles but could easily add a few

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Perth - Dundee - Perth via Fife and Tay Br - 50 miles

• The Glasgow - Kilmacolm route

• Edinburgh - Gifford - Edinburgh (~ 70Km or 43k options)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
HJ said:
So you don't want a route with any off road cycle paths then... xx(
.... nor any :thumbsup:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HJ said:
So we still need a route, any suggestions??

Here are some route suggestions I found on the previous CCCS thread:

Seamab said:
A few possible routes:

1. Dunfermline route only 28 miles but i could easily add a few
2. Perth - Dundee - Perth via Fife and Tay Br - 50 miles. This one's nice as you go across the Tay in the middle of the traffic in a sealed off walk/cycle way and then go down a lift at the Dundee side
3. The Glasgow - Kilmacolm route that Viniga posted previously on page 3 of this thread

Or East Lothian:

4. Edinburgh - Gifford - Edinburgh loop (could start at Waverley Station to pick up anybody coming on the train ~ 70k) and/or shorter variants from Longniddry train station & car park (e.g. 43k option).

(just so I can hibernate for a bit longer before meeting up at the start :biggrin:,
nothing to do with the great cafe at Gifford, they do HUGE bowls of soup, all-day breakfasts and some very nice cakes ... and they reckon cyclists are their favourite customers, happy people with a big appetite or something along those lines :thumbsup:)

Maybe HJ could set up a poll, as the owner of the thread?

T

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
OK, so 70% of the votes are for the Gifford ride which can start at Edinburgh or at Longniddry train station & car park. The Doodle is showing this Saturday (17th) and the first in November (7th) as the dates when everyone is available.

Personally I am not ready for a long ride this weekend, so I am going to say that I will be a Longniddry for 11am if anyone want to join me for a ride to Gifford and back here is the route. For those wanting a longer ride, last time it took about 1:20 or so to get to Longniddry and the route was fairly strait forward.

So who else is up for it?

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:bicycle:I'll be there! Happy to be flexible time-wise if anybody is travelling from further afield. The trains from Edinburgh to Longniddry run every 30 min on a Saturday.

Who else is coming? So far we have:
HJ (from Longniddry)
Telemark (from Longniddry)

T

MajorMantra

I'll put myself down as a probably, and I'd likely be riding out from Edinburgh. It seems we have a conflict by the way. How shall we settle this - mini pumps at dawn? :thumbsup:

Matthew

scook94

Veteran
MajorMantra said:
I'll put myself down as a probably, and I'd likely be riding out from Edinburgh. It seems we have a conflict by the way. How shall we settle this - mini pumps at dawn? :thumbsup:

Matthew

Unfortunate that, didn't think the CC October ride would come up so quick. as there's no offer of scones I'll be doing the ride with Eldud.... :ohmy:

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
scook94 said:
Unfortunate that, didn't think the CC October ride would come up so quick. as there's no offer of scones I'll be doing the ride with Eldud.... :thumbsup:

Weeeeeelll there might be scones, that is a possibility... :ohmy:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
MajorMantra said:
I'll put myself down as a probably, and I'd likely be riding out from Edinburgh. It seems we have a conflict by the way. How shall we settle this - mini pumps at dawn? :ohmy:

A very unfortunate coincidence :eek:... but in the end a simple decision, for me anyway :biggrin:: How early you want to get up on a Saturday morning? The Stirling train that gets you to the start from Edinburgh leaves at 06:25 :eek:.

You could, of course, do the Carron Valley ride and then teleport yourself to Longniddry ... if you pedal really hard, you might just catch us! (hmmm, can you teleport WITH your bicycle?:thumbsup:)

:biggrin:

T

Top Bottom