October CC Central Scotland Forum Ride?

Which route?

• Dunfermline route only 28 miles but could easily add a few

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Perth - Dundee - Perth via Fife and Tay Br - 50 miles

• The Glasgow - Kilmacolm route

• Edinburgh - Gifford - Edinburgh (~ 70Km or 43k options)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Seamab said:
Here's a non Edinburgh centric route for a possible future CC ride starting in Dunblane and finishing at Corrieries cafe in Stirling - only 28 miles but could easily be extended

:laugh: Would you be around to show us the way next Saturday? The Sheriffmuir climb looks "interesting", but would provide a good warm-up if it's a cold day, and then it's downhill (almost) all the way ..

eldudino said:
+1 CALZONE'S ALL ROUND! :biggrin:
That is very tempting :biggrin:, I'm sold :wacko:

T

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Telemark said:
:biggrin: glad you had a great day out too! Any photos?

Hope your computer survived its jump ... the North Third descent is scary, I am a whimp on downhills anyway, and I can't get myself to go down that road at any speed :laugh:. HJ had a snake bite puncture there the last time we did that route :laugh:, but great views and nice quiet roads :thumbsup:.

T (also known as Mrs HJ :bravo:)

You forgot to put in a link... :bravo:

Seamab

Telemark said:
:smile: Would you be around to show us the way next Saturday? The Sheriffmuir climb looks "interesting", but would provide a good warm-up if it's a cold day, and then it's downhill (almost) all the way ..

That is very tempting :smile:, I'm sold :wacko:

T

Yes, i should be available next Sat to act as guide on this one. 11am or thereabouts at Dunblane train station?

The Sheriffmuir climb from Dunblane is not too hard at all - honest! (no chevrons) and the Sheriffmuir Inn awaits for early revellers:smile:

For car drivers i'd suggest parking at the Wallace monument in Stirling and cycling up to Dunblane. Either via the easy (but busy) way via Bridge of Allan or warming up on the (lots of chevrons) climb over Sheriffmuir and down to Dunblane. Not for the faint hearted or under geared.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
eldudino said:
By the way, has Mr.Tm bought you a 'go fast' bike yet?

:biggrin: I think it's going to have to come out of my Cycle to Work scheme... but I am happy to do some research and test-riding for a wee while first and aim for the spring ... wouldn't want to get salt/grit on the shiny new bike too soon :biggrin: :becool:

And I wouldn't want to commit to "go fast", just "go faster" (than currently) :biggrin:

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Seamab said:
Yes, i should be available next Sat to act as guide on this one. 11am or thereabouts at Dunblane train station?

The Sheriffmuir climb from Dunblane is not too hard at all - honest! (no chevrons) and the Sheriffmuir Inn awaits for early revellers:smile:

For car drivers i'd suggest parking at the Wallace monument in Stirling and cycling up to Dunblane. Either via the easy (but busy) way via Bridge of Allan or warming up on the (lots of chevrons) climb over Sheriffmuir and down to Dunblane. Not for the faint hearted or under geared.

That sounds great :biggrin:.
In the absence of further suggestions, and seeing as the 24th is only 5 days away, do you want to start a new thread, as this is YOUR ride?

Now I just need to get rid of that cold I seem to have "inherited" from HJ ...:becool:

T

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I would just like to let you all know that I have now finished the scones, so that just leaves the Brownies and the second ginger cake to finish off... ;)

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Cake update

Just to let you know I have now finished off the brownies, although I did have a wee bit of help from a Norwegian friend last night. So that just leaves the ginger cake to go... :angry:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
HJ said:
Just to let you know I have now finished off the brownies, although I did have a wee bit of help from a Norwegian friend last night. So that just leaves the ginger cake to go... :angry:

I helped too :biggrin:

T

Top Bottom