October CC Central Scotland Forum Ride?

Which route?

• Dunfermline route only 28 miles but could easily add a few

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Perth - Dundee - Perth via Fife and Tay Br - 50 miles

• The Glasgow - Kilmacolm route

• Edinburgh - Gifford - Edinburgh (~ 70Km or 43k options)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
Had a great time today, excellent weather, excellent route and excellent company. Once again the scones and cakes at HJ/Mrs HJ's (sorry I guess I now have to call you Telemark? :biggrin:) were awesome, especially the lemon "experiment".

No major aches or pains, so hopefully should be okay for tomorrow!

If you do have another one next week I'll not be able come as I'm on-call, however the 7th November Perth-Dundee is a possibility for me.

I'm still amazed that even though we split into 3 groups each taking different routes back into Edinburgh we all turned into the street at the same time. So weird....

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
scook94 said:
No major aches or pains, so hopefully should be okay for tomorrow!

Can't promise the same after tomorrow's ride! :biggrin: What are we aiming for - sub 2hrs?

Glad you guys had a good ride, it's been great weather for it, though I am going to be wearing full-finger gloves and overshoes after my extremities got a bit chilly this morning at 7.30am!

scook94

Veteran
eldudino said:
Can't promise the same after tomorrow's ride! :eek: What are we aiming for - sub 2hrs?

Glad you guys had a good ride, it's been great weather for it, though I am going to be wearing full-finger gloves and overshoes after my extremities got a bit chilly this morning at 7.30am!

I just want to make it home alive! I had a rude reminder that I still don't do well with inclines of any nature today! :biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
eldudino said:

If we'd gone earlier, it would have been a lot colder, the Edinburgh reading for 8AM on the metoffice website was 0.9C ;). Still glad I had the full finger gloves, but the Altura jacket came off at the first stop ;).

T

eldudino

Bike Fluffer
Telemark said:
If we'd gone earlier, it would have been a lot colder, the Edinburgh reading for 8AM on the metoffice website was 0.9C

Must have been similar to here, there was a healthy frost. If Scook's still reading - he should bring something warm tomorrow!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
scook94 said:
I guess I now have to call you Telemark? ;)

;) it was fun to wait & see who would spot it and when :blush:. Now I am "outed", either is fine by me ...

scook94 said:
I'm still amazed that even though we split into 3 groups each taking different routes back into Edinburgh we all turned into the street at the same time. So weird....
yes, meant to ask you - which route(s) did you take?

T

scook94

Veteran
I had to scrape the car this morning before setting off, but was warm and toasty on the ride. Should have taken my jacket off though as I was drenched in sweat by the time we got back.

Got the long fingered gloves, skull cap and buff all set out for the morning. Although we should have some cloud cover my morning so I'm not expecting it to be quite as cold as first thing today.

MrRidley

Now i remember, on the last run to L'nidrry when we met at Waverly, we were having a count and i said to HJ what about Telemark, and he said " oh i dont think HE'S going to make it" Bhoyjim= so dim.

Seamab

Telemark said:
Have a good one too!

That's a great route - especially round Loch K, it'll be very pretty with the autumn colours in the sunshine! But how far is that, and most of the local big hills thrown in too ... :wacko:

How about a CC Campsies ride soon, that's more or less in the middle of "Central Scotland"? As long as the start/finish are reasonably close to a train station and the ride is a bit shorter than your route for tomorrow :angry:

T

Glad to hear all went well yesterday.

I completed my ride in stunning weather conditions - the Loch K scenery was stunning with the autumn colours and mirror like loch. I can recommend "The Wee Blether" tearoom in Kinlochard for a fast and cycle friendly pit
stop.

What i can't recommend is the state of many of the Stirling county minor roads - my computer came off descending to Arnprior (this happened to me previously on the Trossachs Ton descending into Stirling from North Third). Boneshaker territory:ohmy:

Seamab

Here's a non Edinburgh centric route for a possible future CC ride starting in Dunblane and finishing at Corrieries cafe in Stirling - only 28 miles but could easily be extended

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Seamab said:

I completed my ride in stunning weather conditions - the Loch K scenery was stunning with the autumn colours and mirror like loch. I can recommend "The Wee Blether" tearoom in Kinlochard for a fast and cycle friendly pit
stop

What i can't recommend is the state of many of the Stirling county minor roads - my computer came off descending to Arnprior (this happened to me previously on the Trossachs Ton descending into Stirling from North Third). Boneshaker territory:ohmy:

There is a new thread for that :biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Seamab said:

I completed my ride in stunning weather conditions - the Loch K scenery was stunning with the autumn colours and mirror like loch. I can recommend "The Wee Blether" tearoom in Kinlochard for a fast and cycle friendly pit stop.

:biggrin: glad you had a great day out too! Any photos?

Hope your computer survived its jump ... the North Third descent is scary, I am a whimp on downhills anyway, and I can't get myself to go down that road at any speed :laugh:. HJ had a snake bite puncture there the last time we did that route :biggrin:, but great views and nice quiet roads :wacko:.

T (also known as Mrs HJ :biggrin:)

Top Bottom