October CC Central Scotland Forum Ride?

Which route?

• Dunfermline route only 28 miles but could easily add a few

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Perth - Dundee - Perth via Fife and Tay Br - 50 miles

• The Glasgow - Kilmacolm route

• Edinburgh - Gifford - Edinburgh (~ 70Km or 43k options)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MajorMantra

Steve (flatmate) and I are planning on setting off at about 10 to go straight to Longniddry. If Ranger want to meet us in Edinburgh he's very welcome to, he hasn't whispered anything for a while. ;)

Matthew

MrRidley

HJ said:
If any one wants a wee bit of cake, there is still some left over... ;)

I wish i came now :smile: nightmare of a journey home, train was full of drunks and weegie neds ;) then i come home and Mrs BJ is off out tonight, so i'm on childminding duties tonight.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
bhoyjim said:
I wish i came now :sad: nightmare of a journey home, train was full of drunks and weegie neds ;) then i come home and Mrs BJ is off out tonight, so i'm on childminding duties tonight.

Sorry to hear about your train journey :sad:, fellow passengers can be a pain - especially if you get to "enjoy" their company for even longer, due to the engineering works... strange about the drunks in the middle of the afternoon - was there a Central Scotland football match on in Edinburgh?

There's always next time for a cake stop ;) Matthew has let slip that he is a baker of scones too :smile:

T

MrRidley

Telemark said:
Sorry to hear about your train journey :sad:, fellow passengers can be a pain - especially if you get to "enjoy" their company for even longer, due to the engineering works... strange about the drunks in the middle of the afternoon - was there a Central Scotland football match on in Edinburgh?

There's always next time for a cake stop ;) Matthew has let slip that he is a baker of scones too ;)

T

Not to worry, at least i did'nt go to the game i've just seen the score :smile:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Yes it was a great ride, sunny all the way and not even a breath of wind, quiet roads and, last but not least, excellent company! Thanks guys for keeping the pace nice and easy for me to keep up with you all.. ;)
And thanks too for helping to shrink the excess of cakes lying around our kitchen ;)

If anybody out there in Central Scotland is reading this and wondering whether they are fast enough to come along, stop worrying and join us next time! Our average speed was about 22 kph/14 mph, over 42 km/26 miles. But the motto of these rides is "nobody gets left behind", so I reckon as long as you've done at least half the distance recently and survived, you should be all right. The greyhounds did a few extra miles before meeting us for the "official" route and again on the way back to Edinburgh.

T

HonestMan1910

Über Member
HJ said:
Forgot to post the photo here, so they are here...

HJ,

Any chance you can post these to my email ?

Great day out and when I got back with the car I even managed another 14 mile loop from mine.

Nice to meet you all and look forward to the next one and hope I feel a bit less chesty *fnarrr fnarrr*

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
bhoyjim said:
Since it's still early in OCT, there's still time to fit in another CC ride :laugh:

I like your thinking :biggrin:
The doodle says that there's 5 of us up for a ride next weekend, and then there is Scoosh who doesn't do doodles :rolleyes:

Should we start a new thread?

T

ACS

Legendary Member
Great idea, lets have it in the Edinburgh area. :rolleyes:

<edit>Sorry just making mischief, TV is crap and I doubt if I could make it anyway. My princess (daughter) is due to have a baby very soon and for the sake of domestic harmony I have agreed to say within 2 hours of home. If there is one in Nov I will make every effort to join you. Have a great run out. </edit>

Top Bottom