October CC Central Scotland Forum Ride?

Which route?

• Dunfermline route only 28 miles but could easily add a few

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Perth - Dundee - Perth via Fife and Tay Br - 50 miles

• The Glasgow - Kilmacolm route

• Edinburgh - Gifford - Edinburgh (~ 70Km or 43k options)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
OK so who is up for one??

There is now a Doodle poll for deciding the date.

The ride is listed on the CC Calender

From the Doodle the best date in October is the 17th (this Saturday) and there is a ride leaving Longniddry at about 11:00.

Edinburgh - Gifford - Edinburgh loop (could start at Waverley Station to pick up anybody coming on the train ~ 70k) and/or shorter variants from Longniddry train station & car park (e.g. 43k option).

OK so we have:

MajorMantra (+ flatmate?) & Bhoyjim
starting from Waverley (time to be agreed)
Scoosh & scook94 starting chez Scoosh's ~9:30,
passing Fisherrow 10-10:15-ish (each at their own speed )
HJ & Telemark train to Longniddry (train 10:38 from Waverley,
arriving 10:56)
Honestman1910 arriving at Longniddry for 11 by mysterious ways
Ranger wispering,

HLaB still making his minds up...
Anybody else?

JiMBR

Never been on one before, so I'm keen.

Depends on a lot of things. There is a lot happening at home and work at the moment that mean my availability is patch at the moment. However, I'll certainly keep an eye on this, and if I can, I'll join you.

Seamab

I always enjoy these rides and will make it if i can.

Need to decide on a date and a route - i posted a few options on the previous thread. Maybe someone else has a few ideas?

GilesM

Legendary Member
Dumfries and Galloway, East Lothian or the Borders would be my thoughts, but also happy to head over the Forth, just not too keen on the Glasgow/Edinburgh area and the bit in between.

Jane Smart

The Queen
LOL Satans, anyway, I joined there, but not doing that ride.

I will see when and where the CC ride is before I commit. I get my Hybrid next month, maybe I should wait till I get that and get used to that before I go on any more runs. A MTB on the roads is kinda hard work :becool:

JiMBR

Jane Smart said:
A MTB on the roads is kinda hard work :wacko:

It is to begin with...but it gets easier as fitness improves.

Also...I found fitting MTB slicks and SPD's helped a lot.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Yes please:wahhey:

I've created a Doodle poll to see what date(s) would get the most votes ... have included November too, as it might be easier to reserve find dates for that ride well in advance.

Maybe HJ could add a link to his original post, so it can be found quickly, if this thread ends up with a few more pages :laugh:

Do we need a poll with route choices to vote for, or is that far too organised :tongue:? I suspect that would be HJ's job too, as the original poster ...

I really hope I can make it this time, depending on the date chosen!

T

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Ok so now that Tele has made a Doodle poll, we can get a date sorted out. I will up date the first post in this thread once a clear date emerges...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
As usual, I have little idea of my availability (total lack of committment, praps ;)) but (equally as usual :biggrin:), I will be along if poss.

Not concerned about the route - I will trust others to choose something not too long (30-40 miles is good), not too hilly, with a good social stop at/near the end and, of course, starting in a Tesco carpark :ohmy:. (Anyone else noticed that we get a better turn out if we start at a Tesco car park rather than a station ??? :thumbsup:)

Top Bottom