Oddest thing found/seen lying in the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

photography27

found a £20 note yesterday, rode past it and thought that looked like a £20 note, so pedalled a little more and thought sure that was a £20 note, so turned round and went to look and it was a £20 note.......why didnt i just stop and look in the first place lol.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
not quite an odd thing i found...

a few years ago i was cycling over Greyhound Bridge in Lancaster and heard a clank of plastic... I assumed I'd rode over some plasticky debris but when i got home, I realised it must have been my back light falling off, as I no longer had a back light.

A good six months after that I was round at a friends house who was telling me all about this back light he'd found on Greyhound Bridge, so I'm "Was this by the bus shelter, like, just at the start of the bus lane?" "Yeah", "And Was this about 6 months ago?" "Yeah", "It's mine!"

Weirdest one was an elderly guy lying in the road, unconscious and drunk.

Checked his ID for details and for other causes... inside was a card saying in effect to call the Police.

Turns out he was a murderer out on license and promptly returned to Prison

asterix

Comrade Member
Next to York Tyburn I found a Swiss Army knife. The snow had melted a bit late last year. I guess it would have been very hard to find when the snow had been at its deepest. This year I have found a rusty horse shoe. Well the shoe is rusty so maybe so is the horse? Anyway that has to be lucky, no?

Jezston

Über Member
Once when riding about the trails of Hampstead Heath with friends when I was a teenager, we found ourselves riding through a wooded glade full of large, middle aged and decidedly naked people just sitting about, like some kind of woodland nymphs gone wrong. We just kept riding.

oddest thing would be a subaru car. On its roof in the middle of the lane (have pic somewhere) after the driver have decided to show off his 'ability'. He and his chum were waiting for the wrecker truck (they were fine).

Most useful thing is a neoprene zip-up bootie for a small bottle - my front light fits it perfectly and the soft neoprene protects it from knocks and scratches.

You've reminded me of something that happened a few years ago that i'd completely forgotten about. I was once driving through Devon at casual 40mph or so, when the 4x4 in front of me suddenly skidded and then rolled!. Surreal to say the least. I was completely stunned, but managed to have my hero moment helping the driver get out from the upside down car.

brokenbetty

Über Member
A bloke asleep on the pavement about 6am. I went over to check on him and he was (a) breathing, (b) smiling, and (c) clutching a half-eaten bacon buttie, so I left him to it.

straas

Matt
Walking along with the gf and came upon a bundle of notes lying on the pavement which turned out to be 75 quid, sorted me out with a new helmet!

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Last week I was cycling up Bawtry road in Doncaster. A lamp post was laying across the road on my side! The post was from a pedestrian island. The strange thing was that there was on of those little 'keep left' illuminated bollards 5 or 6 feet either side which were undamaged.

How they took out the lamp post without hitting the bollards was amazing.......and I'm sure that the police who had the crashed cars driver in the back of their car were asking them that very question!

In this country, a big grass snake crossing the road just in front of us about 4 miles from Graffham Water and a dead wallaby about 3 miles from Mildenhall. After cycling past the latter I just thought, oh a dead hare, then the the thought gradually trickled into my brain that even hares don't have hind legs that long, but you know how it is, takes ages before you realise you just have to go back and check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom