Off day?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

contadino

Veteran
So I've done the same short route for the last 3 days. Sunday was lovely, yesterday I set a PB, today I could hardly make it round - I was struggling 100m from the start. So what gives?

Each day I've been up a ladder rendering all morning (so the same level of exertion), ate the same breakfast, same bike, similar weather.

Today I felt really weak. Shaking, confused (I thought my gears were broken but I was clicking the wrong trigger). Can't be distance as I regularly do 50km nowadays, and things felt weird just down the road.

Any ideas? Do I need to start carrying Jelly Babies? That would be the ideal advice. Cheers.

uclown2002

Guru
:popcorn:

Citius

If you set a PB yesterday, maybe your legs were a little fatigued today? Or were you just expecting to get faster and faster with each passing day?

OP
OP
contadino

contadino

Veteran
Back to normal now, but I've spent the afternoon liming it at my desk. I had a sweet apple and plenty of water when I got home which seemed to help, but that could've been coincidence.

It's only a 15km circuit, so hardly long enough to break sweat.

I'm asking because I have a few big (for me) jaunts looming where I can't have an off day. It would ruin our group schedule.

matiz

Guru
Ive done a fair bit of rendering up ladders over the years its a big strain on the legs constantly moving position it seems like you were running on empty when you got on the bike just eat some jelly babies or a bit of choccy 10 mins before you set off that should sort it

gbb

Legendary Member
I always thought when you're pushing yourself, as we all do at times on the bike, any deficit in your health, a bit of a virus, lack of food, slight loss in general wellbeing etc, quickly shows.
It could just be your body dealing with a minor ailment that wouldnt really have bothered you much if you were sedentary..but the excercise has accelerated it all.

Top Bottom