Off for a Jodd- sun 25th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Nice to see lots got PB's for distance
Well done simba.

Im still chasing club points so most my weekends is booked up till November though I want to take a year off and just do more social rides and go slow touring so hopefully I will be doing more social rides if I don't get caught up in the points system again >>>>>>>>>

So hopefully I'll be doing more forum rides :smile:

See you all on the road soon hopefully

John

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Hmmm. Brickworks, windgather, goyts lane. Now there is a route.

mmm think you might run into a bit of traffic that way and there is a very sharp right hand bend dropping towards Kettleshulme, could be slippy, :whistle: might be better doing a right turn at the top of the brickworks and turning left just after the Highway Man to get to the Goyt :evil: :evil:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
mmm think you might run into a bit of traffic that way and there is a very sharp right hand bend dropping towards Kettleshulme, could be slippy, :whistle: might be better doing a right turn at the top of the brickworks and turning left just after the Highway Man to get to the Goyt :evil: :evil:

Jenkins Chapel....the only hill I've failed. My left arm might fall off :whistle:

a_n_t

Jenkins Chapel....the only hill I've failed. My left arm might fall off :whistle:

Toughest climb in the area for me.......... feel the pain!

pym1.jpg

a_n_t

Thats the easy bit at the top btw!

Easy :whistle:

Are you lot trying to scare me off then?

Blimey potsy, I would have thought Long Hill was a doddle compared with a lot of the stuff you guys regularly ride up. Don't know how steep Goyts Lane is but Long Hill has a maximum gradient of around 4%.
We are coming up to recce Long Hill before the National, not sure yet whether Helen will ride a her TT bike or normal road bike. One thing is for sure, any support will be very much appreciated [Fossy will confirm this], it really helps a rider on a hill climb, now if you could just position yourselves every few hundred metres......
whistling.gif

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Every few hundred metres - it's gonna take a fair few of us. :whistle:

Jenkins Chapel is a bugger as the gradient keeps changing - 1 in 4 probably at steepest, then less, then steep - it's a killer for that reason.

Goyts Lane is steep, but the same gradient - TBH only ever gone down it - it's one of those that you feel like you are being sucked down it.

Long Hill is great - proper drag that you can get into a good rhythm.

Top Bottom