Off for a Jodd- sun 25th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Looks like a good ride.

I should post some pics of my sparkling clean garage to prove what I was doing. :whistle:

potsy

Rambler
As well as a full English!!

Really enjoyed yesterday, good route (always good when its flat) and great company. Now I can put faces to user names. My Garmin Showed 81 miles when I got home which is my longest ride to date.

Looking forward to the next one.

I'm sure we could sneak another one in before the year is out, even Dan-bo might be allowed to come out to play :biggrin:

And another longest ride, you looked like you were a regular long distance rider to me sdr, well done pal.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nice riding with you simba and thanks for the smoke! Well done mate.

We were gonna have words with you two - :whistle: ditch the fags :biggrin: :tongue: Wondered where you sneeked off to at the cafe.

My longest ride (of the year after my shoulder op) - 60 miles. It's a little sore, but that's to be expected. Upped my dose of drugs last night, and was out for the count after 9:30pm - woke just before 7am. :tongue:

Must say it looks like Jodrell have listened to the cyclists who call in after the H&S issue we had a couple of years ago. Covered bike stands and a great cafe - obviously very popular with cyclists as the shed was full.

Glad you made it home Simba - I was a bit worried. Good on Skol for the push the last few miles - I'd have pushed as well but that's my 'bad' arm.

Oh and that silly old lady that tried that crazy overtake in Woodford. We were all single file, and she tried to come past when there were the traffic islands in the middle (more stupid road planning) - nearly took out Skud who rattled on the car and said 'oi I here'. The old git in the passenger side stuck his hand out and made a 'yadda yadda' sign. Totally stupid driving.

sdr gb

Falling apart
And another longest ride, you looked like you were a regular long distance rider to me sdr, well done pal.

Cheers Potsy.
thumbsup.png

As I mentioned to you yesterday, most of my rides are rather hilly and usually 40-60 miles. The flat route made a nice change.

potsy

Rambler
Looks like a good ride.

I should post some pics of my sparkling clean garage to prove what I was doing. :whistle:

Talking of sparkling clean, my bike was looking good yesterday :whistle:

Fossy's looked like it had never been out before, I think he must have a duplicate he uses in the week and this 'show' one he brings out at weekends. I do think his ocd isn't as bad as Ianrauks though, I didn't once see him cleaning it whilst out on the ride itself :biggrin:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Next Ride

Thinking of heading up Long Hill to watch this Year's National Hill Climb at the end of October, (and support Helen) but it will be an early start as we'll need to be up top before the racing commences.

400bhp

Guru
I'll be in.

Any chance of doing it on sat? (guess not given the hill climb).

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
We were gonna have words with you two - :whistle: ditch the fags :biggrin: :tongue: Wondered where you sneeked off to at the cafe.

My longest ride (of the year after my shoulder op) - 60 miles. It's a little sore, but that's to be expected. Upped my dose of drugs last night, and was out for the count after 9:30pm - woke just before 7am. :tongue:

Must say it looks like Jodrell have listened to the cyclists who call in after the H&S issue we had a couple of years ago. Covered bike stands and a great cafe - obviously very popular with cyclists as the shed was full.

Glad you made it home Simba - I was a bit worried. Good on Skol for the push the last few miles - I'd have pushed as well but that's my 'bad' arm.

Oh and that silly old lady that tried that crazy overtake in Woodford. We were all single file, and she tried to come past when there were the traffic islands in the middle (more stupid road planning) - nearly took out Skud who rattled on the car and said 'oi I here'. The old git in the passenger side stuck his hand out and made a 'yadda yadda' sign. Totally stupid driving.

Hehe, my missus wants me to ditch the fags also, I am cutting down and hopefully off them before christmas. No need to be worried about me though I was determined to do it. I was on the inside of skud when that old lady nearly squashed us, I seen the space between us get very small and nearly slammed on the brakes but, one of the others from the group was on my wheel so I couldn't.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
It was great to come out on a long ride and prove to be capable because 95% of my riding is just doing 10 miles at a time (10 to work then 10 home again) with just a tiny handful of rides during this year that have been around the 30 mile mark. By the time I got home I was past 70 miles and I felt so good I had my tea then rode to work to do the 12 hr night shift.

I really enjoyed riding in a group with a really decent bunch of guys. I also can't wait for the next one and once I get these few nights out of the way I will give some serious thought to organising a ride before the year is out. I mentioned doing a ring of manchester at about the M60 size so will see if I have a weekend available to do it before autumn becomes winter.

Watch this space........

PS: glad everyone got home ok. It was fun after we left stokport at the end of the ride because we got a bit giddy and picked up the pace with a bit of position jockeying on the climbs, surprised we had the energy left!

Cyclox

index.php

This is a great shot on the move! Brilliant piece of photography. Looking at it I felt like I was actually moving! (Or maybe I've had too many 'girl flu' pills lol).

You all look like you had a great time!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
index.php

This is a great shot on the move! Brilliant piece of photography. Looking at it I felt like I was actually moving! (Or maybe I've had too many 'girl flu' pills lol).

You all look like you had a great time!

I like potsy's over-the-shoulder shots. This one taken on this year's Spring Into The Dales audax ride is a particular favourite ...

index.php

potsy

Rambler
Next Ride

Thinking of heading up Long Hill to watch this Year's National Hill Climb at the end of October, (and support Helen) but it will be an early start as we'll need to be up top before the racing commences.
Long hill? I'm out.

Was pleased with the photo, looks like we are really motoring down there doesn't it? Didn't try any over the shoulder ones this time, no point when everyone is in front of me :surrender:

Top Bottom