Off for a Jodd- sun 25th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Great stuff Stu, so pleased you got your 1st century in today, they are addictive though :biggrin:

I think we'll all have a breakfast next time :hungry:

Meant to say totallyfixed relatives were at jodd and said hello to cyclist33. Small world.

Guilty M'laud, did happen to mention to Helens mum and dad that you lot were going to be there and maybe at the same time, commiserations to cyclist33
biggrin.gif
whoever he/she may be. The Cat and Fiddle was wet, very wet at the top and windy to boot. Helen did a top ride, finishing 3rd woman, 25sec behind the winner and British Champion and just 5sec behind the second placed lady who was the hill record holder. Also she was riding the heaviest bike with a 105 triple and not very stiff wheels so all in all quite pleased. Coming back up for National, any chance of some extra support
rolleyes.gif

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Great day out guys. Thoroughly enjoyed it all and the "support and challenge" culture was ace.

I got back just over half an hour ago - the final trek from Stockpot back home was very tiring, well I was fooked basically, but I've done me map checks and I topped out at 104.19 miles! Yay - first ton.

Thanks lads, and for the record, the sun came out about 4pm and lasted all the way home
cool.gif

Cheers

Stu (the one on the far right) (not politically)

Well done Stu. :smile:

Cyclist33

Here's the only photo I took today (except for a geeky one of my bike outside a library)...

Lovell Radio Telescope, Jodrell Bank, 11:16am P1000440.JPG

Judderz

I need to check this part of the forum more often, never saw this thread till today, would of 80% probably made it, just recovering from a blood clot in my leg (nothing serious) was on the inside of my thigh so riding has been non-existent lately....will deffo come on the next one though :smile:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I need to check this part of the forum more often, never saw this thread till today, would of 80% probably made it, just recovering from a blood clot in my leg (nothing serious) was on the inside of my thigh so riding has been non-existent lately....will deffo come on the next one though :smile:

Should have prodded you but if you are recovering i guess it was a good idea to stay at home.Must admit i nearly turned back at Worsley because it hammered down and stopped just as i got to Didsbury,i was drenched ! Dried out when i got back :biggrin:

Simba

Specialized Allez 24 Rider
I enjoyed it was a big challenge for me, knees are hurting though. Thanks to the guys for getting me through the last 5 miles to the train station in wilmslow and for not getting pissed off hehe.

Just uploaded my data from my Garmin, 66 miles for me. The most I have ever done, I am pleased with myself.

How do you check each lap on Garmin Connect?

potsy

Rambler
Well done Simba, I know that 'last 5 mile' feeling well from the 1st time I did this ride, was riding on empty and was greatful for the lads waiting for me.
So that's 2 longest ever rides amongst the group yesterday, that's why these forum rides are so good.

On Garmin Connect I think you need to click on 'splits' though I don't have mine set up to record laps so not 100% sure :thumbsup:

sdr gb

Falling apart
Well, that went well and I even got a little bit of cake too!!!

As well as a full English!!

Really enjoyed yesterday, good route (always good when its flat) and great company. Now I can put faces to user names. My Garmin Showed 81 miles when I got home which is my longest ride to date.

Looking forward to the next one.

Top Bottom