Off to European Alps again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Having ridden from La Grave to Le Bourg d'Oisans, then up to Alpe d'Huez, I'm now at Hotel Les Grandes Rousses. This place is amazing: easily the best one so far for this trip.

Yes it is. I rode up those in Sep last year and enjoyed it. I'd also like to ride up Col de la Madeleine and Col de l'Iseran some day.

Madeleine is good but you would be disappointed with Isere having done Galibiere

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Rode up Mont Ventoux today. Due to a calf muscle strained over the last several days of riding up various cols, I couldn't do all 3 ascents, only the Bedoin one. It was a good day, though.
Note the new sign: in September when I was last up there, you barely read the sign for all the stickers on it.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Col du Tourmalet for me today, 9 months after my 1st ride up there.

I then had time to visit the Chateaux Fort on the high hill in the middle of Lourdes, and take some good photos of Lourdes, including this one.

Even better, my strained calf muscle handled the Col pretty well, and I found if I pedal at about 80 to 90 rpm then the pain almost vanishes. :smile:

Forgot to mention: the shorts I wore for the trip are now noticeably looser on me! :wahhey:
No prizes for guessing what caused that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom