Off to European Alps again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
40km into today's ride, and 10km before Laruns, which is where the Col d'Aubisque climb starts, my strained calf muscle hurt so much that I had to skip the rest of the ride and sit in the tour van.
It's a pity, because the ride included that col and then Col de Soulor, and both are really spectacular. I'll just have to try them another time, I guess.

classic33

Leg End Member
40km into today's ride, and 10km before Laruns, which is where the Col d'Aubisque climb starts, my strained calf muscle hurt so much that I had to skip the rest of the ride and sit in the tour van.
It's a pity, because the ride included that col and then Col de Soulor, and both are really spectacular. I'll just have to try them another time, I guess.
Hows it looking for the next one?

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Hows it looking for the next one?
I rode up the Hautacam / Col du Tramassel today, and it was hot! The temperature hovered around 35 for much of the ride up, was 32 up top, and then 38 back down in the valley. :sweat:
The views up there (about 1625m) were good though.
Also, my strained right calf muscle handled the ride very well. :smile:

Right now, I'm sitting in front of a large TV watching TdF live, at the Pyrenees Cycling Lodge, which is small, comfortable and homely.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I rode 95km and about 1900m climbing today, the ride including Col de Tentes, one of the highest sealed roads in the Pyrenees (it's actually 100m higher than Col du Tourmalet).
That was my final bike ride for this trip, as I must head home tomorrow. :cry:

My trip report is going to be massive! :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
They switched Terminals after you'd landed.

Top Bottom