Office Cake Culture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
just been listening to some of Jeremy Vines lunchtime show and the bit about food being bought in to the office place .

We do it in our office mainly economy packs of biscuits and its not uncommon for at least 2 packs to be eaten in a day and there are only 11 of us in our office space

No cake culture in your workplace then.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
My wife makes cakes for people weddings birthdays etc. The off cuts she gets of sponge get hoovered up when I take them into work. I purely take it in to stop my Lycra getting any more tighter though :mrpig:

Drago

Legendary Member
We used to have an inspector who banned us from eating fast food in the office because he hated the smell.

Every morning he'd find someone had gained access to his secure office and rammed his bin full of smelly kebab wrappers. I mean really, greasy, reeking ones.

After a week or so of this he very kindly repealed his fast food ban and I, er, I mean the mysterious Kebab Wrapper Prankster, ceased his nocturnal activities.

vickster

Legendary Member
Last company was bad...cakes for people's birthdays, goodies when people returned from holiday/work trips, a weekly bake off completion , goodies when leaving, random stuff bought at Christmas and sent by suppliers. Fruit was also available nearly everyday. Then you'd get visitors from overseas who'd turn up with cheese and what not! :mrpig:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
No cake culture in your workplace then.

Cakes very rarely get bought in , doughnuts use to appear a lot more than recent but always biscuits on offer

gbb

Legendary Member
I don't often visit the offices in my company but, two floors with maybe 40 or 50 people, the amount of cakes on display at times beggars belief :ohmy:.

Cake faces ^_^

keithmac

Guru
Customers bring biscuits in all the time, I can take or leave them. A warm pork pie or steak and kidney on the other hand is a different matter altogether..

Lullabelle

Banana
One of the guys brings in packets of biscuits for us 3 ladies, the other 2 scoff throughout day, I occasionally have 1 but my tight trouser waistband stops me from repeatedly dipping into the tin, that and the fact that he buys ginger biscuits and flapjack slices xx(

Top Bottom