Oh bloody hell 2 (camera related)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Slightly overkill for a few holiday snaps isn't it? :wacko:

Maz

Guru
That's the trouble with hi-tech stuff...you're always playing catch-up. Something else will always come along that is sexier than what you've got.

Melvil

Well, the D300 does get extremely positive write-ups - especially from www.dpreview.com but the D200 isn't shabby by a very long way. BTW - have you got any pics you've taken with the D200 you can post up, RT?

Melvil said:
Well, the D300 does get extremely positive write-ups - especially from www.dpreview.com but the D200 isn't shabby by a very long way. BTW - have you got any pics you've taken with the D200 you can post up, RT?

I know it's not, but you know how it is ... I'm photographing my first wedding soon so I'm (rather feebly) trying to justify it on those grounds! But you're right, I'm trying to tell myself that I've already got a very nice camera indeed.
I'll dig out some shots for you when I've got a bit more time - meanwhile, have a look at the Treklens link in my signature.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Rhythm Thief said:
... I'm photographing my first wedding soon so I'm (rather feebly) trying to justify it on those grounds! But you're right, I'm trying to tell myself that I've already got a very nice camera indeed.

Are you the only 'tog?

If so, you really need to think about a spare body (unless you're doing the job on an "it doesn't really matter if these don't come out") basis...

I'm happy with my D70 (still!) myself, but then I do have an F3HP that's my absolute favourite thing ever.

Mr Pig

Maz said:
That's the trouble with hi-tech stuff...you're always playing catch-up.

I like old, high-quality kit. No part of my Hi-Fi is less than twenty-years old but it still sounds better than most of the stuff you can buy today. And it didn't cost the earth. That makes you smile :0)

pzycoman

I had a D70, but the shutter stopped working (120k pics with it!), so I ended buying the D300 - it just seems like a proper "pro" camera, its alot faster, seems alot more polished, its built in post photo processing doodad is great, the camera is more ergonomic than the 70....I love mine :evil:

Mr Pig said:
I like old, high-quality kit. No part of my Hi-Fi is less than twenty-years old but it still sounds better than most of the stuff you can buy today. And it didn't cost the earth. That makes you smile :0)

Sounds like my Hi Fi.:biggrin: I must admit, part of me wants to be happy with the D200 as I don't really approve of always buying the latest thing, but it really feels like they were practising with the D200 and they've got it right with the D300, especially having had a play with my friend's D300 tonight. It looks virtually identical to the D200 too ... in fact, I could probably buy one on the quiet and Ms RT wouldn't even know.:biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
sheddy said:
Photographing a wedding is like making love to a beautiful woman....
You've got to know which button to press...

You just have to get stuck in...

Don't put your fingers in the cake....

Always bring a present...

Don't fall over drunk

Don't mistake her for her mum... etc etc :biggrin:

Noodley

Rhythm Thief said:
It looks virtually identical to the D200 too ... in fact, I could probably buy one on the quiet and Ms RT wouldn't even know.:biggrin:

ok, you're a good guy so I'm prepared to help you out - get the new one and send me the old one and there will be even less chance of getting caught. Never let it be said I'm not helpful :biggrin:

Top Bottom