Oh dear.... I have the bug!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stuarttunstall

As some of you know I have not been a cyclist for over 35 years, and about 2 months ago got myself a bike... not knowing what to expect... Well.... I think even though I have only done about 60-70 miles in total over Saturday and Sunday I have the bug...

I am on holiday so will not get out on it for two weekends and I have observed the following :-

1. I was ready for a holiday with all the crap at work.. too insecure at the moment
2. It has given me time to look at my finances and I think I could retire if I wanted
3. I have sent out my CV for jobs...

But more important and surprising....

4. I miss my bike and going out lol

Oh dear I have the cycling bug :smile:

Stuart

Drago

Legendary Member
Sounds like you're hooked. It's one addiction you don't need to be ashamed of.

mgs315

That’s great! I must admit I’ve been similar, couldn’t get me off my bike up until about 11 years old but then didn’t ride one til I was 28. After a few short rides and getting a bit fitter I feel cheated on anything less than 100mi a week.

Keep it up! If you get a bit jaded try looking into group riding/clubs if you’re not already part of one.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
"Stop wasting money on that bike Billy."
"There's more to life than cycling Billy."
"You can always go out another day Billy, it's just a bike."

Well I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs. I don't have a social life. My one vice in life is that bike and it keeps me sane.
Well maybe there is more to life than cycling, but it's a very big part of my life. Always was, always will be.
No mum, it's not just a bike, it really isn't. It's a way of life, literally.

I couldn't imagine life without my bike really. It might be a Triggers Broom, but better than no broom :smile:

Chappy

Guru
When ever we go abroad for a week I find myself getting anxious by day 3 or 4. I have hired local bikes and headed off in to the hills on occasions, just to calm me down. My wife says I am more bearable once I have got it out of my system......

My wife is the same gets to the point where she tells me go hire a bike and ride.^_^

DRM

Guru
I must admit I feel like i’ve Missed out if I can’t get at least one ride in, I even took the excuse to nip to the shops on one of the ratty old mtb’s the hotel had to borrow in Cyprus a couple of years ago, needed the rest but also needed to get a ride done as well!

Johnno260

Veteran
When ever we go abroad for a week I find myself getting anxious by day 3 or 4. I have hired local bikes and headed off in to the hills on occasions, just to calm me down. My wife says I am more bearable once I have got it out of my system......

This!

If I’m getting irritable I have come home to my cycling stuff out and the wife telling me to bugger off for a few hours haha

Top Bottom