Oh How Last Year, Dahling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I remember you crying when the Almera chewed up your Barry Manlow 8 track.

My Mums's Polo has got a tape player. I loaned her my John Peel 1991 mix and she's not fussed. There is no accounting for taste these days.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
My new motor. 52 plate 1.2 Polo, wind up windows, no central locking, steel wheels and a load of blanks on the dash where the switches for the toys on the posher models go.

It has got a CD player though, an upgrade on the departed Almera which had a cassette player. The only time I tried a cassette in it the tape jammed and unravelled on track 2.

Lovin' it :okay:
Sounds perfect!

Last night I drove our old bog-basic C1 in and around Oxford for the first time in ages and it was an absolute hoot!
Small, basic, fun, cheap, perfect....

screenman

Legendary Member
Fixing a couple of dents on a Polo last week and wanted to drop the front windows, looked all over for the switches only to look harder and see the winding handles.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My '93 Volvo 240 has a tape player, doesn't work. It has windy windows (working), central locking (working on all 5 doors since I re-wired the tailgate), heated seats (not working, on the to do list). 2 switches adorn the dash.
I don't find myself missing any of the modern things.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
And I've said it before, but it bears repeating. Sliding windows are where it's at in the way of reliable simplicity.
Not true on my fiat punto. It had electric in the front and winders in the back.
Both winders failed and the windows used to slip down. The repair cost was so high that i just chocked them with blocks of wood.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Not true on my fiat punto. It had electric in the front and winders in the back.
Both winders failed and the windows used to slip down. The repair cost was so high that i just chocked them with blocks of wood.
:laugh: they are supposed to slide backwards and forwards, not up and down (or just down in your case), but your 'fixed pane' solution is indeed the simplest of all :okay:

Top Bottom