Oh How Last Year, Dahling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
:laugh: they are supposed to slide backwards and forwards, not up and down (or just down in your case), but your 'fixed pane' solution is indeed the simplest of all :okay:

Sliding windows were Standard in all Series Landrovers 1949-1985
And I think are still standard in the military spec Landies
No moving parts, (other than the glass) nothing to break, nothing to go wrong, other than a tendency to ice up under certain conditions.

Drago

Legendary Member
Sounds perfect!

Last night I drove our old bog-basic C1 in and around Oxford for the first time in ages and it was an absolute hoot!
Small, basic, fun, cheap, perfect....
The C1/107 is a great machine. Essence of car with no fripperies, but still honest to god fun to drive. I reckon that spiritually its the closest genuine modern equivalent to the original Mini.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Sliding windows were Standard in all Series Landrovers 1949-1985
And I think are still standard in the military spec Landies
No moving parts, (other than the glass) nothing to break, nothing to go wrong, other than a tendency to ice up under certain conditions.
Here's mine...

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I drive old knackers. I don't feel bad when i park in a car park and the mother and kids parked next to me swing the door open and dink the doors. It brings you closer to the notion that cars get you from A to B and that little things happen to the metal box and it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things... Be gone with this borderline mechaphilia many have...

However, if im stuck behind a cyclist, im already reaching for the tyre iron to throw at him... Or her. :laugh:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
We have a Lupo with a tape player - I don’t think we’ve ever used it.
Lupos aren't that bad...

Archie_tect

The C1/107 is a great machine. Essence of car with no fripperies, but still honest to god fun to drive. I reckon that spiritually its the closest genuine modern equivalent to the original Mini.
... odd how some people spent extra getting the Peugeot badge and how the Aygo is seen as the poorer car even though it's the Toyota bits that make it go! Bad Obsession Motorsport lads are currently doing up a battered C1 to enter the C1 track series... even though it's intro-level racing they've still spent £6000 in total, starting with an £1800 second hand C1.

Archie_tect

My new motor. 52 plate 1.2 Polo, wind up windows, no central locking, steel wheels and a load of blanks on the dash where the switches for the toys on the posher models go.

It has got a CD player though, an upgrade on the departed Almera which had a cassette player. The only time I tried a cassette in it the tape jammed and unravelled on track 2.

Lovin' it :okay:
Mrs A_T's had 2 Polos over the years... both children learnt in them... really good cars.

Drago

Legendary Member
... odd how some people spent extra getting the Peugeot badge and how the Aygo is seen as the poorer car even though it's the Toyota bits that make it go! Bad Obsession Motorsport lads are currently doing up a battered C1 to enter the C1 track series... even though it's intro-level racing they've still spent £6000 in total, starting with an £1800 second hand C1.
The Peugeot models were slightly better equipped, which in part justifies the slightly righer ticket price. In relaity no one paid that and buyers were usually able to negotiate the same discounts as C1 owners, and largely paid the same.

The Aygo drives identically, shairing as it does the same mechanicals and understracture. Alas, the Aygo can suffer from truly monumntal cabin leaks that the other Triplets didn't, and Toyota never got to grips with it right to the end of the models life.

In addition, PSA had a service interval of 9000 miles, but Tpypta went with 10,000 to keep it in line with the rest of the Toyota range. In reality there js probably no problem with that, but the perception was that one less service over 100,000 miles wasn't a good thing, and used buyers looked suspiciously upon it.

Finally, the Aygo simply cost quit a bit more new. This put people off buying them used, and as a result used prices took a hit and they suffered stiff depreciation. Conversely, in its heyday the 107 was the slowest depreciating car in the UK, with near new examples occasionally selling for more than new as buyers sought t avoid the 4-5 month summer waiting list caused by the annual factory maintenance closure.

Nothing wrong at all with an Aygo if its a dry car, but people and market forces are what they are.

Regards,

Drago (ex Vice President of the UK CityBug Club, founder member of the annual Voyage to the Source Triplet Road Trip)

Hicky

Guru
My '93 Volvo 240 has a tape player, doesn't work. It has windy windows (working), central locking (working on all 5 doors since I re-wired the tailgate), heated seats (not working, on the to do list). 2 switches adorn the dash.
I don't find myself missing any of the modern things.
Please say its an estate :hello:

Hicky

Guru
Sliding windows in MOD lannys....breakages, fingers when they ice up and you force them shut(they're never shut properly) on said fingers.:laugh:

Top Bottom