Oh How Last Year, Dahling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
I don't feel bad when i park in a car park and the mother and kids parked next to me swing the door open and dink the doors. It brings you closer to the notion that cars get you from A to B and that little things happen to the metal box and it really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things... Be gone with this borderline mechaphilia many have...
Indeed, I've even come across it among some cyclists^_^

Salar

A fish out of water
To clean up just get a yellow Duster.

What,....................................................................... one of these :ohmy:

I've found myself in the position of owning 3 cars:blush:.

Our main car has been a Toyota Yaris diesel that has been faultless in the 11 years we've had it.

We had a chance of buying a VW Polo from friends returning to live in the UK.
It was much newer, petrol and a very good price so we bought it with the intention of selling the Toyota but we've never got on well with the VW. The heater controls are poor and now we have a leak in the car.
To top it all the VW dealership have taken a course in how to be rude to a customer and passed with honours.

My favourite car is my run about, used for shorter trips and to take stuff to the dump.
It's a 2005 Fiat Panda and I love driving it. Noisy, slow and slightly scruffy. Fits my personality perfectly.

I'll get the latest problem on the VW fixed and sell it.
The Toyota we'll keep until it starts to cost us for large repairs.
The Fiat has no value. The insurance is 150€ and we don't have a road tax so I plan to keep it.

In the last 40 years I've owned 5 VW's and been pleased with them but one this has put me off.
When the Toyota has to go we'll get another.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
we have a dacia stepway, work mate has a renault that is exactly the same size and body shape.Apart from his body panels being a bit more stylish and having more bells and whistles inside which i dont need its the same car .Mine has renault stickers and i have read that the seats are from there mid size car 9 whos name escapes me atm ) .
I have a Dacia Logan diesel and @Hill Wimp a petrol Duster. Both are good though we should have gone diesel with the Duster for improved economy. In my Logan all the switchgear/dash/layout is Renault from earlier cars, Clios, Captur's etc. The engine is a low state of tune but essentially the same unit as used by Renalt Nissan and Mercedes. Around the world I see the Renault/Dacia name is interchanged on the same/very similar identikit cars. Russia, Turkey, Egypt a huge number of Taxis are Dacia/Renault.

I have no regrets with my Logan, it's been very reliable (~90k miles), late 50s mpg and has a Tardis-like boot space. It's not the most exciting drive on the planet, but I don't care too much about that.

Fab Foodie

I've found myself in the position of owning 3 cars:blush:.

Our main car has been a Toyota Yaris diesel that has been faultless in the 11 years we've had it.

We had a chance of buying a VW Polo from friends returning to live in the UK.
It was much newer, petrol and a very good price so we bought it with the intention of selling the Toyota but we've never got on well with the VW. The heater controls are poor and now we have a leak in the car.
To top it all the VW dealership have taken a course in how to be rude to a customer and passed with honours.

My favourite car is my run about, used for shorter trips and to take stuff to the dump.
It's a 2005 Fiat Panda and I love driving it. Noisy, slow and slightly scruffy. Fits my personality perfectly.

I'll get the latest problem on the VW fixed and sell it.
The Toyota we'll keep until it starts to cost us for large repairs.
The Fiat has no value. The insurance is 150€ and we don't have a road tax so I plan to keep it.

In the last 40 years I've owned 5 VW's and been pleased with them but one this has put me off.
When the Toyota has to go we'll get another.
We also have a Citroen C1, it's like a go-cart, an absolute hoot.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
What's the boot a
I have a Dacia Logan diesel and @Hill Wimp a petrol Duster. Both are good though we should have gone diesel with the Duster for improved economy. In my Logan all the switchgear/dash/layout is Renault from earlier cars, Clios, Captur's etc. The engine is a low state of tune but essentially the same unit as used by Renalt Nissan and Mercedes. Around the world I see the Renault/Dacia name is interchanged on the same/very similar identikit cars. Russia, Turkey, Egypt a huge number of Taxis are Dacia/Renault.

I have no regrets with my Logan, it's been very reliable (~90k miles), late 50s mpg and has a Tardis-like boot space. It's not the most exciting drive on the planet, but I don't care too much about that.
What's the boot and legroom like Inthe duster? Mrs CK likes them and with kids getting older need a bigger car next time

cyberknight

What's the boot a

What's the boot and legroom like Inthe duster? Mrs CK likes them and with kids getting older need a bigger car next time
What's the boot a

cyberknight

What's the boot a

What's the boot a

Fab Foodie

What's the boot a

It's not bad, but the Logan is certainly better in terms of Boot space, the Duster possibly better in legroom- but not much in it. We did a tour of Scotland from Notts with two tall skinny 20+ year-olds, the dog in the boot and a roof box and we didn't kill each-other. In terms of overall space though an Octavia is the clear winner (but pricier) and probs. better economy (the Duster though light, is a flying-brick).

Top Bottom