1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh joy

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by MichaelM, 6 Feb 2008.

1. MichaelM

MichaelM Veteran

Out on a ride today, I had puncture for the first time this winter. No problem, wheel off, tube out, quick check inside the tyre, new tube in. Try to inflate - pump (topeak mountain morph) just goes up an down without actually pumping :smile:

Short walk to a farm and managed to borrow a pump :biggrin:

Trip to the lbs tomorrow then.

2. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

You know I never check the pumps I carry on the bike <Makes mental not to blow some tyres up with them and see if they work>

3. longers

longers Veteran

Three cheers for the farmer ;).

4. Maz

Maz Guru

Old MacDonald had a pump, e-i-e-i-o.

Get a TopPeak pocket rocket master blaster. I think it is very good.

5. OP
    OP
    MichaelM

MichaelM Veteran

I thought my ToppPeak Mountain Morph was good - until I had to use it in anger!

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I had a similar incident last year when my mini pump 'gave up the ghost', like you I now check the new one fairly regularly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. col

col Veteran

When i was 17 i did a sponsored cycle to the boat museum at windermere,to get a pool table for the youth club,anyway,on the way back,on the brough road,it got dark,and the car going 20 miles ahead had gone,er 20 miles ahead.Anyway,my lights were in the car,so i asked a farmer if i could phone them,he charged me 50 p,all those years ago.;):biggrin:

8. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Farmers are notorious for making money out of every opportunity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Must've been heavy! ;)

10. col

col Veteran

No,i was only 12 stone then:biggrin:

11. JamesAC

JamesAC Senior Member

Did you fill it up from the lake?:blush::biggrin: