Oh me bum. What's the current thinking on shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just think, as kids we were like little ninja's !!

We could ride for hours and hours with no pain or soreness.

And yet when we get older, it's padded shorts, bum cream and ergonomically shaped saddles and we still get a sore arse after a few miles !! ^_^^_^^_^
Heavier as adults so more weight through the delicate bits?

Plenty of advice but no-one yet knows where the pain is. OP, please enlighten us so we can figure out if it is a pressure sore, abrasion, unmentionables etc.
Look up ischial tuberosity, find yours and decide whether it is there or in the centre in some soft tissue. Also confirm that the saddle is actually installed.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Not usually, but occasionally recently.
Could it be that your saddle became slightly out of tilt due to a screw loosening?
Try holding it with both hands, pushing up and down vigorously to check this.
Part of your daily M-check anyway :angel:

OP
OP
Acyclo

Acyclo

Veteran
Plenty of advice but no-one yet knows where the pain is. OP, please enlighten us so we can figure out if it is a pressure sore, abrasion, unmentionables etc.
Look up ischial tuberosity, find yours and decide whether it is there or in the centre in some soft tissue. Also confirm that the saddle is actually installed.
Well, perhaps inevitably, the pain has started to recede. Today (Friday) was more-or-less ok. Stilll, I think I'll get me some better quality shorts.

Top Bottom