Oh what's that at the back of the shed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Royce

Regular
Hi All
Just signed up on here
I've recently dug out my old mountain bike from the back of the shed, stripped it down and cleaned and greased it all. I'm hoping to get back in the saddle to try and lose some (a lot) weight.

I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the direction of any previous posts regarding a good programme to follow, so as not to kill myself on my first ride

Thanks Roy

Peteaud

Veteran
Just dont go mad, each person will vary.

:welcome:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
With a name like that it would have to be rollers...

Welcome and I'll get out of the way before someone comes along to steal all your calories for you.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Welcome.

As a newly born again cyclist myself I found best was to use the bike for short jobs/ trips- i.e. supermarket/ meetings in town/ going to see friends- that way you're not thinking about how much you're doing or any targets, then once you're fitter/ more confident you can devise your own routine and work up to bigger aims.

:welcome: Have a read of this, http://theamazing39stonecyclist.wordpress.com/
The author, a guy called Gaz is a regular contributing member of this parish and all round good egg. His name on here is gb155, seek him and he read his posts. He's an inspiration to all :thumbsup:

OP
OP
R

Royce

Regular
Wow loads of responses quickly
Thanks everyone, some sensible advice.
Went out for about 15mins today, just to dust off the cobwebs (from me and the cycle).
Was probably just enough for day one!
And thanks smokeysmoo I'll have a read of his post.

Thanks again for the advice and the welcome

Roy

Top Bottom