Oiling my chain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Darkelf720

Darkelf720

Wow guys, thanks for the help and insight. I have been riding for two weeks now. Gradually doing anywhere from a mile to two miles. I hit grass, gravel paths and concrete. As it's going to rain all weekend and I have no mudguards (I don't wanna get filthy) I will have a look at mine and the daughters chains. I got some oil which the cycle shop gave me, so will use that first. He did say avoid WD40 like the plague, so that's a no no then lol. Again, thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

Regards,

DE

C R

Guru
Wow guys, thanks for the help and insight. I have been riding for two weeks now. Gradually doing anywhere from a mile to two miles. I hit grass, gravel paths and concrete. As it's going to rain all weekend and I have no mudguards (I don't wanna get filthy) I will have a look at mine and the daughters chains. I got some oil which the cycle shop gave me, so will use that first. He did say avoid WD40 like the plague, so that's a no no then lol. Again, thanks for the replies, I appreciate it.

Regards,

DE
If you've been riding the bike from new, in dry conditions the chain would probably not need attention for a couple hundred miles at least, as the factory lubrication lasts quite a while.

Top Bottom