Oinking Pig Dog Toy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Five years ago, I gifted a rubber oinking pig toy to a friend's miniature schnauzers for Christmas. It became Tristan's favourite toy, and that little dog took Piggy everywhere with him, even on holiday. Unfortunately, last week poor Piggy finally disintegrated and lost his oink. And Tristan is absolutely bereft. I bought the toy in Tesco, but they don't do those particular ones anymore.

Now it's his birthday soon, and I promised to buy him another oinking pig. Trouble is, most of the ones I've seen online (including Zooplus) don't get very good reviews, so I thought I'd ask the CC dog owners what they might suggest.

classic33

Leg End Member
Five years ago, I gifted a rubber oinking pig toy to a friend's miniature schnauzers for Christmas. It became Tristan's favourite toy, and that little dog took Piggy everywhere with him, even on holiday. Unfortunately, last week poor Piggy finally disintegrated and lost his oink. And Tristan is absolutely bereft. I bought the toy in Tesco, but they don't do those particular ones anymore.

Now it's his birthday soon, and I promised to buy him another oinking pig. Trouble is, most of the ones I've seen online (including Zooplus) don't get very good reviews, so I thought I'd ask the CC dog owners what they might suggest.
Pets At Home maybe?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Bonnie is relatively gentle with her toys inasmuch as she doesn't usually destroy them.. Her favourites at the moment are a ridiculous looking pig..

DSC_4162.JPG

And a very squeaky orange spheroid thing that looks like a pacman.

DSC_4163.JPG

She chases it everywhere!

The pig was a present, the orange one is from ~ Chiwava~ (They're on the Bay of E, too)

tom73

Guru
Wlikos use to do them don't know if the range has now started doing them along with the other wilkos stuff.
I know good boy brand make them. They normally a pretty good brand so if you can find one line it should up to the job.
If you cant find one and want something different with quality to match then you won't go wrong with Kong toy range.
They do a pig not sure if it oinks though.

Can't help, all squeaky toys last seconds with my dog. One went from squeak to shreds in 10 seconds. A squeaking soft toy that said it was unbreakable and the squeak works even if the air bladder is punctured lasted 10 minutes. Squeak didn't but the toy did she kills it (destroys the squeak = dead animal) then tears the outer off (skins it) and then pulls the innards out (eats it). Totally replicating the end of a hunt! Terriers, eh!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Please let us know how this turns out. Pics of Tristan being delighted with/totally ignoring the replacement are mandatory.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'm betting Tristan, being a dog, will have forgotten all about Piggy soon and be inseparable from another toy...

Is it inappropriate to say I knew a lady who had a miniature schnauzer, but it never held her back. :okay:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
It was one of the Good Boy "wagtastic" ones. Thanks for jogging my memory @tom73 :thumbsup:

Plenty to be found on the Bay of E by the looks of it.

I also bought Tristan & Izzy a quacking duck as the piggy went down so well, but they've always ignored it. But their mum dogsits another schnauzer once a week, and this little fella loves the quacking duck.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

I can suggest you can't have ours!
Good luck finding a replacement, they do get attached to their favourite toys....

Top Bottom