OK, best place to buy Cadbury's Chocolate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Just back from the Caribbean where I bought a rather large Cadburys chocolate bar (imported from Portugal I think). Well, given my normal Cadburys is a US made thing, I have to say the chocolate tasted so much better, I mean noticeably better. My kids in particular loved it.

Anyway, I ended up having to hide it and ration it like crack to my family, I really felt like a drug dealer (which is a strangely unsettling feeling I can tell you). While the US made Cadburys is still better than the Hersheys chocolate abomination (sorry to any US posters, but it is, it tastes of oil and wax), and the English version is better than the US version, the Portuguese version (at least I think it is Portuguese made but I threw the wrapper away) blew it away.

So, where in the world is the best Cadburys bar? Or am I crazy? Anybody else notice differences?

TVC

Cadbury's in Australia is great, I had flavours they don't do here, including Black Forest which was as addictive as cocaine. I love holidaying in tropical countries, but because of the heat they don't do chocolate and when I return the first thing I crave is a slab of Galaxy.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Ohh chocolate!
You're opening a can of worms @Nigeyy ( jar of nutella???).
I am from the continent, never liked Cadbury's :tongue: best chocolate for me is the German or Italian ones in Aldi's or Lidl!
My British friends in Cyprus always want a big bar of Cadbury's brought from the UK, they say it's not the same over there, even if it is branded the same.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not Cadbury's but just for illustration purposes. Rowntree KitKats used to be made in two very different versions. One for sale in the middle East, one for everywhere else.

Easy tell them apart, the standard version lacked the thin greaseproof paper of those for the Middle East. The difference, no animal fat in those for the Middle East.

You may have hit a similar version of Cadburys chocolate. Regional variations don't always have the same fat used.

As for where to buy it, over here. Was it Dairy Milk or one of the others?

Drago

Legendary Member
At risk of being wedgied and wet willied by my brethren, I would have to say that Galaxy Chocolate is far nicer than Cadbury.

stephec

Legendary Member
As others have said, Aldi dark chocolate is top banana.

If it has to be Cadbury's, then the stuff made in Dublin is still quite tasty.

Top Bottom