OK, best place to buy Cadbury's Chocolate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Still get them in outlet shop but not that price and not as good.
Staff only at the local factory.
CAM00924.jpg

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Cadbury's sold in the UK is not what it used to be. They (Mondelez) changed the ingredients and moved manufacturing to Eastern Europe to the detriment of taste.

Yes they did and a lot of people in Birmingham lost their jobs. it tastes greasy now and nothing like the original recipe. I thought the new buyer was Kraft.
I agree with Pat, Aldi and Lidls chococlate is far superior so is Green and Blacks and Lindt. I wont buy it now.

My late dad was proud to work for Cadburys and it's a crying shame what the government pushed through to facilitate the sale to Kraft using RBS.

Green and Blacks was owned by Cadburys, so I presume that they're now part of the plastic cheese empire.

simonali

Guru
Well, I didn't like it. In fact I didn't like anything I bought in the supermarkets while I was there. Beer was crap, the bread tasted funny and the biccies weren't as nice. Had a self catering apartment, but resorted to eating out after cooking a couple of times and being disappointed...

Jody

Stubborn git
I used to really enjoy a plain Dairy Milk but since they changed the shape,weight and taste I havent really had one on principal. My main Cadbury vice was Double Deckers which they also changed, cheapened the taste and texture of the biscuity base. I still but the odd product but not like I used to.

Aldi dark chocolate with almonds is almost impossible to get Home unopened.

Sounds nice. I'll keep an eye open for that next time i'm in there.

Top Bottom