Ok Frame size me up!...body measurments included

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I finally got my finger out and measure myself. So what frame size would you all reckon I need from these?

1) Inside leg 86cm 34”
2) Torso 52cm 20 ½ “
3) Arm 75cm 29 ½”
4) Femur 52cm 20 ½”
5) Forearm 37cm 14 ½”
6) Shoulder 50cm 19 ½”
7) Shoe size UK 13
8) Height 190cm 6’ 2 ½”
9) Weight 101 kilos 16 stone

sheddy

Legendary Member
Strewth - you really need to eat yer greens !

yenrod

Going by your last pic. the frame is:

Slack seat angle - to acommodate your leg length and you had a long head tube.

What you need to do is;

When you sit on the bike, the 1 you use the most is say to yourself - do i need more length on the toptube (am i too cramped).

When your pedalling do you feel your on the back wheel OR well over the pedals :ohmy:

If you move the saddle around you'll see what i mean if you dont 'get it' from reading this !

For the hell of it mark where the sadle is now and then loosen the saddle off move it all the way back tighten it up ride = like/dis-like ??

Loosen saddle move ALL the way forward; like/dis-like ???

Dont forget when you move the saddle forward you lose the length of the top-tube !!!!!!!!! ie pulling on the bars whilst riding for a hill or for some effort !

Yet pedalling in the saddle will seem easier but puts you more upright.

I'd put you on a 58 or a 60 cm and then see what suited you for stem length thereafter !, thats if I was selling you a bike. (I used to work in a bike shop).

See how you go.

yenrod

Bigtallfatbloke said:
I finally got my finger out and measure myself. So what frame size would you all reckon I need from these?

1) Inside leg 86cm 34”
2) Torso 52cm 20 ½ “
3) Arm 75cm 29 ½”
4) Femur 52cm 20 ½”
5) Forearm 37cm 14 ½”
6) Shoulder 50cm 19 ½”
7) Shoe size UK 13
8) Height 190cm 6’ 2 ½”
9) Weight 101 kilos 16 stone

Try contacting a frame builder with those figures and see what they come up with - what size they'd sort for you.

As this is the exact type of info they work by :ohmy:

Abitrary

Also, don't forget that your limbs can be different lengths, and this is where frame builders come into their own.

I think my arms are different lengths for example, and I know that my brother has different lengthed legs.

rustychisel

Abitrary said:
Also, don't forget that your limbs can be different lengths, and this is where frame builders come into their own.

I think my arms are different lengths for example, and I know that my brother has different lengthed legs.

So, his measurements are... slightly Arbitrary???? mmmm

I'll get my coat

dmb

Why not try a bike fitting session. Measurements can then be stored and compared to stock geometry and any alterations can then be made before bike is picked up. I am sure this would be useful esp if the frame size you are after is not normally a stock item

Top Bottom