Ok, going to try first commute...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cp40Carl

Über Member
Having been a weekend warrior for far too long, it's time I took the plunge and have decided to try cycling to work. However, I usually wear a suit and carry a laptop. I also have an uphill cycle, albeit a short distance, on my way home and usually work long hours in an office so find the days quite exhausting. I'm also in my late forties, albeit still relatively fit and slim.

But no more excuses. I've picked this Friday as the test and have a place to lock up my bike at work.

Wish me luck...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
best of luck...

beware.. the commuting lark is very addictive.

Jimidh

Veteran
Enjoy - I don't commute by bike everyday but the days I do are the best.

Don't use age as an excuse - I'm early 50s and have a proper hilly commute - great for getting the extra miles and climbing in your legs for those weekend adventures.

OP
OP
Cp40Carl

Cp40Carl

Über Member
Enjoy - I don't commute by bike everyday but the days I do are the best.

Don't use age as an excuse - I'm early 50s and have a proper hilly commute - great for getting the extra miles and climbing in your legs for those weekend adventures.

Yes, you're right, I shouldn't use age as an excuse - I could just do with strengthening my 'office legs' so the commute should help no end.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks guys and yes, I'm a mere youngster and was just looking for excuses. I feel as good physically now as I did in my twenties and more cycling will only serve to improve on this.
Nice day for it too. Get on it matey and enjoy. Dont push it too much too soon. Take it easy and learn the route as you go.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Thanks guys and yes, I'm a mere youngster and was just looking for excuses. I feel as good physically now as I did in my twenties and more cycling will only serve to improve on this.
Ha, I'm in my early 40's (just) and cycling has got me back to a point where I reckon I could outride myself at any earlier age even though I did cycle as a teenager/young man. Commuting is a great way to get/stay in shape and you are more likely to do it than routinely going to the gym ^_^

Top Bottom