Ok, going to try first commute...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cp40Carl

Cp40Carl

Über Member
Thanks Marshmella, and I'm sure you're right about the advice I am about to receive about headwinds!

To be honest, I'm pretty used to the headwinds anyway as I live near a coastal path so am in them every time I go out for a ride (well, in one direction anyway). I just like to moan about them. I'm sure that they are good training...particularly for cycling into headwinds!

Thanks Marshmella, and I'm sure you're right about the advice I am about to receive about headwinds!

To be honest, I'm pretty used to the headwinds anyway as I live near a coastal path so am in them every time I go out for a ride (well, in one direction anyway). I just like to moan about them. I'm sure that they are good training...particularly for cycling into headwinds!
I see your location is Wirral, i had a smashing ride along the Wirral way a couple of months back. Started at the station (Hooton i think) finishing up at West Kirby, busy route but most enjoyable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cp40Carl

Cp40Carl

Über Member
I see your location is Wirral, i had a smashing ride along the Wirral way a couple of months back. Started at the station (Hooton i think) finishing up at West Kirby, busy route but most enjoyable.

Yes, it's a lovely route isn't it. I'm lucky living on the Wirral as we have some great cycle routes, despite the frequent challenging headwinds. Si_C rightly rightly recommends Parkgate as for its chip shop and famous ice creams. You can extend that route from a West Kirby to follow the coastal path all the way around to Seacombe Ferry too.

si_c

Guru
Yes, it's a lovely route isn't it. I'm lucky living on the Wirral as we have some great cycle routes, despite the frequent challenging headwinds. Si_C rightly rightly recommends Parkgate as for its chip shop and famous ice creams. You can extend that route from a West Kirby to follow the coastal path all the way around to Seacombe Ferry too.
Not to mention all the way home from Seacombe (I live in Bebington). It's a lovely route, made even nicer by my Mum living in West Kirby, so I can opt for a second stop there for a brew.

Top Bottom